Japanese built d22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bazz

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im looking at getting a 2nd hand d22 yd25, 2009 or newer. What are some of the things I should be looking out for?

Where are they made? Some are from thailand??

Thanks guys

only ones with win numbers starting JN1 are made in japan, the thai ones are not to bad, stay away from the 2012 special editions, they were a mega rush job and were not put together well like the original jap ones.

If you want a jap one in YD25 my advice would be just get a 2008 model, they are rare, but look for the bulbous tailgate to spot them easily.

oh ok I see, so not much difference in quality between jap and thai vehicles?

Also when im buying a second hand one anything to look for?

cheers

Not Really,

2008 are Jap Built, 2009 On Thai except some 2012 are Jap built.

I have a 2010 and the quality is Reasonable (not Brilliant). But to be fair you can buy a 2013 New Thai for less than $29k Drive away. Honestly A One Tonne,Dual Cab Turbo Diesel that delivers very good Fuel Economy,Reliability and reasonable Comfort..In My opinion is excellent value.

Concider a new one.

Reagrds
Greg

Have to disagree with 180degrees about the 2012s, I haven't been able to fault mine. Just be wary that there could be build issues i suppose. As others have said look at new for the price you can't go wrong!

there were issues with tubs being out of allignment, bodymounts being replaced multiple times, doors not mounted properly, just to name a few.

ive seen a lot of the 2.5l go for very cheap on gumtree. but the 3L like i have there some r still more expensive than the 2.5.
just from wat ive seen the 3l hold the value a lot more than the new ones.
but ye like people have al ready sed u can get a new one for 30grand
back when the 3L were new they were going for round 40grand new

thanks for the input guys looking at going a new one after having a look, the price diference isnt worth it. Will keep you guys posted on how I go!!!

Brought my Dec 2011 Built Jap D22 January 2012, now has 45,000k's on the clock and I can't fault it. Get around 650k's to a tank diesel and most of my driving is within Western Sydney. Apart from my Canopy, Audio and Radio equipment install, mine is still very much stock standard . . . at the moment.

Only issue I have had, is the Radio Antenna broke about 6 months ago, and at $240 (so the dealership said) I am not in that much of a hurry to replace it, and during my last Service the guy servicing my D22 did not replace all the mounting bolts to my Ironman Under-body Protection plates, as I found out two weekend's ago coming home when the bolt above the Transmission finally let go.

Otherwise I am a very happy December 2011 Jap Built D22 Owner

This is Sunco in Maroochydore btw, I have had dealings with a guy there, Rhys, was a nice enough fellow, mind you I never bought anything so I don't know, most dealers are the same.

Pretty sure Norris motor group in brisbane have them for that price to.

If its a real price which is probably is ny the looks of it quote it to any dealer and nearly all of them will match it. I have 2012 d22 jap built no problem bar the suspension was terrible.
15000km on the clock oh and a bit of a heads up nissan customer service is as good as there suspension ;)

only ones with win numbers starting JN1 are made in japan, the thai ones are not to bad, stay away from the 2012 special editions, they were a mega rush job and were not put together well like the original jap ones.

If you want a jap one in YD25 my advice would be just get a 2008 model, they are rare, but look for the bulbous tailgate to spot them easily.

180...you need to get your facts right mate...

Japan has always been producing the d22 just for Japan and Europe markets.

They just never started up to rush to them thru....

got a link? I had a look on a couple nissan sites for europe and they only had the D40 which is made in spain or thailand.

Latest posts

Back