Jason's Silver Bullet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tigerz11 12000LB Winch installed! Took about 4 hours all up.

Bullbar removed

IMG_6589Medium.jpg

TJM Winch Cradle installed

IMG_6592Medium.jpg

IMG_6591Medium.jpg

And took a couple of pics of my dual battery setup with the Pirhana tray and Exide ED5 battery.

IMG_6598Medium.jpg

IMG_6599Medium.jpg

Jason....

How much clearance would there be on the Passengers side between your radiator and the winch? the vehicle I've just purchased has a Intercooler in front of the radiator on the clear space side on the passengers side of the radiator so I'm curious as to whether I can install a winch w/o having to change/modify the Intercooler..... (Intercooler is a Northside4X4 one)

Plus, I gather u draw power for your winch from the main battery ?

rob

Tigerz11 12000LB Winch installed! Took about 4 hours all up.

Bullbar removed

IMG_6589Medium.jpg

TJM Winch Cradle installed

IMG_6591Medium.jpg

Hi Rob,

There is about 115mm gap between the front of the radiator and the back of the winch, the winch only covers the bottom 140mm of the radiator, the rest above is clear.

I have wired the winch direct to the main SLI battery, I have setup the manual overide on my Redarc so I can manually switch the deep cycle battery into parallel if I ever needed it.

Thanks for that..... I get the car on Wednesday, so I'll have to measure it but it might be close by the sounds of it as the IC is mounted vertically and I think is quite long......

Your winch is a 12,000lb one, are the smaller ones (ie 9000 or 10000lbs) the same physical size or are they slightly smaller?

Hi Rob,

There is about 115mm gap between the front of the radiator and the back of the winch, the winch only covers the bottom 140mm of the radiator, the rest above is clear.

I have wired the winch direct to the main SLI battery, I have setup the manual overide on my Redarc so I can manually switch the deep cycle battery into parallel if I ever needed it.

If you mean before it was put on, no I don't sorry.

If there is something specific that you need a pic of let me know and I can try while it is on.

Just curious how the bullbar mount at arches the the bullbar itself
Cheers

Well the truck has been in the panel beaters for a couple of days after an old lady tried to squeeze past me to get into a right turn lane. Should get it back on Monday. I ended up with a rub mark on the rear bar and a cracked tail light where her mirror clipped it, she needs a new side for her car. The panel beaters are also cleaning up a couple of small dings I had in the rear from before the rear bar went on.

My damage:

IMG_0188Medium.jpg

Her damage:

IMG_0182Medium.jpg

IMG_0183Medium.jpg

Latest posts

Back