Jason's Silver Bullet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Job's done, thank God for that.

If there's a next time I'm paying someone.

The exhaust knocks on the rear shackle when it shuts down at the moment, I'll deal with it later ha ha ha.

Couple of pics.

IMG_2620Medium.jpg

IMG_2621Medium.jpg

IMG_2622Medium.jpg

Hi Jason,

She's a great looking truck, you must be very happy.

If it's not too much trouble could I get a pic of your engine bay ? ARB told me last week they couldn't install the snorkel with the 2.5's second battery in place, could you verify this. How is your DBS set up ?

Thanks,
James.

Hi Snowy, sorry for the late reply.

My DBS is an aftermarket Pirhana tray, RedArc isolator and Exide ED5 battery. All cabled and fused, Anderson Plug is in the tub. I'll get a couple of pics up for you soon. Teh ARB snorkel may not fit but the Nissan/Airtec certainly does. The air intake is already there that goes into the inner guard. Perhaps the ARB one needs to remove that section and replace it?

Here's the truck at Byron Bay a couple of days ago.

IMG_2737Large.jpg

Last edited:
This pic shows the engine bay just after I installed the tray and system, it doesnt have the full size ED5 battery in it yet, just a small ex-fire panel battery I was using to test the charging/switching circuit.

You can see the intake duct at the top of the pic, this connects the filter box to the inner guard and the snorkel connects directly to it inside the inner guard. Hope it helps.

IMG_1962Large.jpg

did you rip out the whole turbo unit to get it get the new dump on?

if so, how the bloody hell did you undo them 3 nuts on the top holding the turbo to the manifold? they are tight enough that i stripped 2 sockets!

get a decent socket set !

and soak the studs/nuts beforehand. i think they are titanium (or just titanium coated) studs which can pickup. yours is probably new enough it may not be a problem. i broke a few off, got the studs out and had to tap the threads get to get the bits out.

what should i soak them in?

i dont have any of that penetrant oil and havent used any, any recommendations?

and was a good socket set, were the good old sidchromes before all the new crap ones are made in china which just crack instead of strip

soak them in inox, wd40, penetration oil, cutting oil, anything you can lay your hands on.
if they are the same nuts as on mine they are actually some type of crimp nuts.

i certainly didn't break any sockets or spanners, the studs broke first.

I had no problems with mine, they came out easy.

The exhaust kit came with new studs/hex heads but I was able to reuse the old ones.

Rig looks different to the last time I saw it Jason. Very nice, and I am sure you will notice a difference with the new exhaust. Did it come from Beaudesert Exhausts?

so what does the exhuast sound like???? and did you get a noticable gain in power or torque???? fuel economy??? thanks and whats one worth???? I have a D22 2008 aswell

Sounds deeper, power gain was very noticeable, economy is slightly better (around 9.6L/100k's to 9.1L/100k's). It was $1385 delivered.

Latest posts

Back