Jason's Silver Bullet

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much will the cost you a year in QLD, nice score. Surprised they were still available.

Dave.

Nah mate, it's a big empty space. If you want to use that space for a battery you must install the factory (Airtec) snorkel. Other snorkels come into that area and it becomes unusable.

The Silver Bullet has gone in for the 20,000 k service today, plus an injector clean.

yeah my 2005 just punched over 160 mostly high way and i;m bit rough on gear but still going strong. wouldn trade it for anythin.

The car feels great after the service and injector clean, Metro Nissan in Brisbane were great to deal with.

Bought a catch can today, Autobarn have one on special in their catalogue at the moment for about $45. Just need to fit it up, probably won't happen today in this heat.

It was just a chemical clean Dave, not sure of the product name, might ring them to find out.

I run a chemical one through mine every few tanks and I think it will prolong the life of the injector's. The injectors for mine are $400 each so why not try and keep them alive as long as possible.

The injectors for your's would be up to $900, so try and keep them alive as long as possible.

Dave.

Hey Jason,

Have you (or are you going to) switch to a synthetic Oil ? 20'000 seemed to be around the run in most people recomended.

Cheers,
James.

Hi mate, I am still using the Castrol Magnatec that Nissan recommends, I still need to put in some research time before I change, Penrite is looking good.

The most important thing is the 5,000k changes, not 10,000 that they recommend.

ice truck Jason - hey in the pic of the new exhaust what does the Thermocouple connection in the Dump Pipe do? Is that where you could mount an EGT gauge? thanks muchly

Hi mate, sorry didn't see your post. Yes that is the port for mounting the thermocouple for the EGT gauge, basically the sensor.

After viewing all the tyres at the 4x4 show today I have decided to go with the Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ 4 ribs. Just need to ring around for prices now.

The show special is that if you buy tyres they will throw in a 6 month sub for 4WD Action Mag and a $100 gift voucher towards Off Road Rush. Pretty pathetic I thought.

Latest posts

Back