Just fitted my chipit chip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dunkly

Reaction score
Just fitted my chipit chip and manual boost controller and all I can say is "holy shit". The nav not only starts pulling hard right from the bottom, it doesn't die in the arse in the top end like a stocker would. I only have it would up a few pound at the moment but it's almost pushing me back in the seat under hard acceleration. I've only tried it on the road so far though so will have to go have a play in the sand to see how it goes when it has to work for it.

I had a few dramas along the way, the chip came with a harness for a MAP sensor which isn't needed so I spent half the day yesterday trying to find it only to realize I don't need to use it, but after that installation of the chip and boost controller only took 30 mins tops, too easy. The file system on the thumb drive is entirely corrupt so I can't change tunes ( not that that's an issue at the moment) so I'll sort that on Monday. I had the boost wound up a bit too much initially so it was knocking bad on initial startup, much better to start at 0 and wind it out 1PSI at a time and test it.

All in all, for $1100 you can't go wrong, highly recommended mod and only
Going to get better with fine tuning.

Dunkly said:
Just fitted my chipit chip and manual boost controller and all I can say is "holy shit". The nav not only starts pulling hard right from the bottom, it doesn't die in the arse in the top end like a stocker would. I only have it would up a few pound at the moment but it's almost pushing me back in the seat under hard acceleration. I've only tried it on the road so far though so will have to go have a play in the sand to see how it goes when it has to work for it.

I had a few dramas along the way, the chip came with a harness for a MAP sensor which isn't needed so I spent half the day yesterday trying to find it only to realize I don't need to use it, but after that installation of the chip and boost controller only took 30 mins tops, too easy. The file system on the thumb drive is entirely corrupt so I can't change tunes ( not that that's an issue at the moment) so I'll sort that on Monday. I had the boost wound up a bit too much initially so it was knocking bad on initial startup, much better to start at 0 and wind it out 1PSI at a time and test it.

All in all, for $1100 you can't go wrong, highly recommended mod and only
Going to get better with fine tuning.

Hey dunkly
Where did you get your chip and boost controller from???

Latest posts

Back