Justdrinkbeer's Suzuki Sierra

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

justdrinkbeer

Reaction score
Howdy all,

Thought i'd post up about what I hope will become my weekend toy, after the last trip away where pretty much everything underneath the car got bashed bent & broken I thought I should have a shitbox to do that in.

Its a 1984 Suzuki Sierra ute, 1.0litre, 4speed. Got doors that hardly lock, windows that hardly move and the stiffest manual steering i've had to deal with in a long while.

I bought it off a bloke that had it on his hobby farm, it would appear that they decided to do a few mods on it themselves, some very farmer special welds, nothing that can't be un-done though.

I'll post up as I achieve things (if I achieve things) as long as thats ok in Navaraland?

Rich

Attachments

• Suzuki-sml.jpg
    Suzuki-sml.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 16,593
Ha ha 1liter engine I love it, the raw power and neck snapping power. Good old Suzuki, there light and go places other heavier vehicles cant

Howdy all,

Thought i'd post up about what I hope will become my weekend toy, after the last trip away where pretty much everything underneath the car got bashed bent & broken I thought I should have a shitbox to do that in.

Its a 1984 Suzuki Sierra ute, 1.0litre, 4speed. Got doors that hardly lock, windows that hardly move and the stiffest manual steering i've had to deal with in a long while.

I bought it off a bloke that had it on his hobby farm, it would appear that they decided to do a few mods on it themselves, some very farmer special welds, nothing that can't be un-done though.

I'll post up as I achieve things (if I achieve things) as long as thats ok in Navaraland?

Rich

Totally agree.... I've got a little Vitara (incl some mods :) )for weekend bushwork...... brilliant.... go just about anywhere and u don't have to worry about panel work, pin striping, etc..... small enough to get through the tightest of tracks too

Good stuff Rich... You looking at a 1.3L big block swap?
Or maybe throw all caution to the wind and go the 1.6L thumpa??

Never have to worry about sinking in the sand in that one! For beach driving the small 4bys seem to be the best option

Yeah the 1.0litre is a laugh, especially as the bloke at NRMA was trying to call it a 10litre and getting terribly confused. It actually jets along just nicely, won't ever win any races but i've had 90 out of it! -Bear in mind it hasn't got assisted brakes!

Yeah the tray is a suzuki one, only one little dent in it too.

As for the 1.3 or hecktic 1.6 Big block swap, yeah i'd say its on the cards, it depends if one comes up cheap (this has to be a cheap build over time). Although I'm considering digging around a wreckers for a small turbo and cutting sick with the MIG, just until the 1.0 explodes!

First Mod should be this arvo, new seats, originals in it are worse than sitting on a milk crate!

Love the new ute Rich.

Fastest I have been in a Sierra is 140km/h down hill. Pretty scary. Haha.

Great little rig mate. Wish i got a ute or LWB rather than the SWB soft top. They are good on the beach but not so good into a headwind.

love how it looks with the tray.. awesome little machines, my buddy's 1 liter goes pretty well

v41jjl.jpg

Good stuff Rich... You looking at a 1.3L big block swap?
Or maybe throw all caution to the wind and go the 1.6L thumpa??

A mate used to have a one but a soft top. He put of all things a excel motor in it. And it surprised me how well it went and still run off the smell of a oily rag. Plus the motor cost him next to nothing.

Older Hyundai motor's are Mitsubishi motor's.

Those twin cam Excels use to go alright.

Update time, cow shit & sound deadening stuff from interior stripped, seats chucked in the bin, rust holes welded up, floor given 4 or 5 coats of Charcoal Metallic hammertone rust guard stuff, dash & inside of roof headliner sprayed the same.
Jeep Wrangler seats from the wrecker- $150.00 bargain.

Now about 1000% better than original.

Rich

Attachments

• Apprentice help.jpg
    Apprentice help.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 103
  • Apprentice.jpg
    Apprentice.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 84
  • Rolling cable.jpg
    Rolling cable.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 101
  • Strip_0001.jpg
    Strip_0001.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 84
  • Strip_0002.jpg
    Strip_0002.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 82
More pics as i'm not good with words.

BTW Black Nav in the background is f'in awesome, i'll update that soon too as i've put a few hundred hours into that too

Attachments

• Strip_0003.jpg
    Strip_0003.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 85
  • Strip_0004.jpg
    Strip_0004.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 81
  • Strip_0005.jpg
    Strip_0005.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 102
  • Interior 1.jpg
    Interior 1.jpg