Key fob

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

merchant

Reaction score
Hi all,

I went to unlock the car today only to discover it wouldn't unlock. The spare key worked fine so I thought the original key fob had a flat battery. So off I went and bought a new battery and fitted it. Still nothing.

It seems the original key fob has died.

Any suggestions on why it has died and either repairing it or getting a new one?

I'm too scared to ask nissan $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

theres some on ebay. but you need to get it programed to the car. Nissan will do it but its $$$.
there was an aftermarket one and they were offering free programing with it.I will try to dig up the contact, or maybe someone here will have a better memory than me...

Ahhhh. I remember now. It was "yd25.com" they do keeys and programing.. have a look at his web site and give them a call...:dummy:

Cheers for the reply. I will get a hold of them.

I still don't understand why the key stopped working. It has never been wet or stepped on. I've dropped it a few times but that's about it. With no working parts I would have thought they would last a lifetime?

Typical Nissan to charge upwards of $350 for a replacement.

Electronics engineer here, have fixed a few key fobs for people over the years, every time so far it has been the surface mount micro switches, they basically just fall apart after a while.

You can usually get replacement switches from either digikey or element14, then all you need is a friend or contact with a good solder station and some fine soldering skills.

Latest posts

Back