Keyless ignition

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YBOD

Reaction score
My sister lives in the UK and has recently bought a Pathfinder which has keyless entry and ignition. She doesn't have a key at but a transponder key ring fob which the truck detects and allows her to twist a knob to start the car.

Anybody know if it would be possible to buy the parts from a pathfinder and fit such a system to the D40? It would be great to not have to carry keys (not to mention very cool)

Just a heads up with these, my wife's car has it (subapoo) and I find it the most irritating thing, there's a sequence to pushing the button just to get power to the accesories which I am sure changes each time starting is easy enough though. Not to mention if you have to get out of the car to open a gate or shed door the thing just beeps like crazy and it's not subtle at all. Keyless entry on the other hand is fantastic I'll watch this with interest.

The options overseas are much nicer than what nissan gives us here.

This is Australia. We get what's left over when Europe and America have finished having their play.

And we get to pay more for the privilege too. Brand new KC Frontiers are $17990 in the US. An RX KC in Australia starts at $46,688 (prices from www.nissan.com and www.nissan.com.au just minutes ago).

I had a similar set up on my Suzuki Swift. It had a transponder you could have in your pocket and press a button on the door handle to unlock. Once inside the car the ignition was just like using a key but there was not key, just a knob to turn (no fancy sequence just push in and turn). It was a great system as it would not let you turn the ignition if the transponder was not in the car (even if you were standing at the drivers door with the door open). You could also just turn onto accessories just like using a key. My outlaws have a new Pulsar Ti but that one is a PITA if you want to turn the car off but stay on accessories.

Latest posts

Back