keys locked in navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mick G

Reaction score
Hi, Can anyone help?i locked my keys in my Navara, have tried spare key,didn't work.Even fitted new battery in key.

D40's have the keylock on the passenger door handle, not sure what D22's have but surely there is something to gain access if the remotes don't work

Oh and welcome to the forums although I'm guessing you probably don;t feel to welcome right now

It must be a D40, D22s don't have central locking? The D22 manual doesn't indicate any central locking components, so I'm assuming there are keylocks available and our new friend has a D40 salon.

For that, Krafty has the answer. Get a flat-bladed screwdriver that will fit in the rectangular slot under the back of the front passenger door handle and prise the plastic section off to reveal the keylock. Use the spare key to open it. You should get that spare checked so that it DOES open the door!

A Ballpein hammer does the trick....if you aint got one of these umm a brick will suffice.

Oh and:welcome:

Try a brick ! No sorry . As Krafty said Try both doors , other than that maybe remove back window or ? I don't know where you are from , but RACQ can usualy get in Free if your a member ....!!

I've never found a brick or a hammer small enough to fit into the keyhole but I'd suspect even if you found one it wouldn't have the right ridges on it to operate the lock.

It must be a D40, D22s don't have central locking? The D22 manual doesn't indicate any central locking components, so I'm assuming there are keylocks available and our new friend has a D40 salon.

For that, Krafty has the answer. Get a flat-bladed screwdriver that will fit in the rectangular slot under the back of the front passenger door handle and prise the plastic section off to reveal the keylock. Use the spare key to open it. You should get that spare checked so that it DOES open the door!

:confused: Mine Does...!! Not remote

Have you tried using the actual spare key and not the remote button?
will it turn in the barrel?

Not everyone knows where the keylock on the D40 is. It's not a widely advertised feature, and not everyone reads the whole manual or remembers what's in it! Lack of use would cause one to forget too. If I don't need to use it, it's a case of "out of sight, out of mind".

For my own peace of mind, I just went out and made sure my spare worked. It did during delivery - the dealer made sure of that - but I wanted to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

Geez I'm glad I don't have to remember things like that. My spare key gets used all the time. If not by the missus when we both have different places to be down the street by any person who's ever worked on or had my car in their workshop. My keys which include car, canopy, house etc never leave my possession that way if by chance someone working on my car looses the key or damages it they only ever damage the spare. It also means I'm not giving someone access to the contents of my tub just because they need to replace the steering wheel (or the like).

A friend of a friend of a friend with an old Porsche called the RACV out to unlock his car for him, they took one look at the lock and said "here's a tyre iron, pick the cheapest window".

For my own peace of mind, I just went out and made sure my spare worked. It did during delivery - the dealer made sure of that - but I wanted to be sure, to be sure, to be sure.

So did I when I picked my Nav up - does that make us... Unusual?

Jay_3844;50019 there is a button next to the powerwindows on drivers side to unlock all doors.[/QUOTE said:
Problem is...he's locked outside of the car.

Latest posts

Back