Knipex tools.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there Dave, think Fluke is USA designed. Not sure if all is. Kyoritsu also do a good range of multimeter. Depends what you are going to be measuring. Cabac from the wholesaler is ok also.

I know you just want a bite and I'm bored so I'll do it.

As always, Australian's being ripped off.

So it has nothing to do with the fact that our wages are on average 37% higher than countries like the US and that every chance Aussies get they go on strike for higher wages?

It's a never ending cycle, wages go up business costs go up, business costs go up prices go up, prices go up people scream for higher wages.

Are there any tools still made in Australia ?

I'm sure if you look hard enough you will find quite a lot of stuff is, sure it's not as much as it used to be but try running a business that manufactures anything and you'll find out why we don't make as much here and it has a lot to do with those wages we demand.

Isn't that Union's Krafty. Most Union member's work harder avoiding work then actually working.

I dunno about union members, I haven't worked directly with a union member for about 15 years, but I know union bosses do all they can to avoid work because they don't loose any money when they tell the peons to strike.

Yet people wonder why manufacturing goes overseas.

Anyways back to these Knipex tools.

Who uses them.

No lets keep bitching about unions and piss poor workers in this country, I'm bored and want some entertainment and these seems about as good as masturbating with a cheese grater.

I use both channel lock and knipexs both fantastic tools. Worth the money only if buying from overseas. Keep an eye out for specials at tool stores sometimes they're well priced.

No lets keep bitching about unions and piss poor workers in this country, I'm bored and want some entertainment and these seems about as good as masturbating with a cheese grater.

Let me know how that goes. Lol.

I use both channel lock and knipexs both fantastic tools. Worth the money only if buying from overseas. Keep an eye out for specials at tool stores sometimes they're well priced.

Yeah I have some Channel lock stuff, the Knipex stuff looks even better quality to me though.

However I will say, the chanell locks can take a fair flogging.

hioki are good , they have a multimeter / clamp meter in one, at the wholesalers. One of the guys has one about $120 little bit slower that Fluke.
Knipex side cutters are tops , pliers a bit small for cutting TPS cable

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Knipex-1...50915272?pt=AU_Hand_Tools&hash=item5aeea608c8

These would be the same size as the Channel locks I have now, well I have 2 pairs. Couldn't find them 1 day, sure enough, brought another pair and found them in now time. Haha.

I am currently in telecommunications, however I wanna stock up as I am trying to get on at this electrical engineering joint close by as a apprentice. However, the mining downturn hasn't helped that career change yet.

Ill get there.

they look it. Marvel and Crescent not made as they used to be. Used to be able to cut the soft screws that come with power points. Cut a few the other day now have serrated blades. Good wire strippers!
Good luck with the apprentice job. If you get really desperate you could try plumbing !!! lol

Done plenty of conduit, how hard can it be. Haha. Famous last words.

I wanna do electrical though.

Yeah I noticed that about Cresent stuff. No where near as good as the old German made stuff.

my snap on dealer even sells knipex, that in itself tells me it must be good. i bought a set of high leverage knipex side cutters about 6 years ago for $100 and they get used hard almost every day, from cable ties by the hunderds to 6mm stainless split pins they just love the challenge, even used them to cut apart an innerspring mattress one night that one of our trucks ran over and got entangled around the steer axle. it was only a couple of days ago when a mate of mine bought a brand new set and i realised mine were getting a little blunt so i gave them their first touch up with a file, we'll see how that goes tomorrow when they get their call to duty no doubt. price tag may be a bit hard to swallow but when it comes to tools for your trade, buy them once, buy them right.

got the parallel jaw pliers, and love them, i have 2 different sizes, they also double as a spanner in tight spots

again tho don't get em of the snap on truck, the local guy here wants waaaaaay too much for the biggest pair (the ones i need for the set)

Latest posts

Back