Knocking Sound After Underwash

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gamma

Reaction score
Hey Guys

I have a 2010 D22. Took it to get under washed after I notice the underneath was filthy. I didn't notice any unusual noise on the drive home afterwards but the next morning I heard a loud "clunk" as i turned out the driveway. The noise returns most times when I make a sharp turn or go over a bump. Took it to my mechanic and checked the entire front suspension shocks, joints, bushings, wheel bearing etc. couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. The noise is really irritating and seems to be coming from somewhere on the right side but we can't seem to pin point whats the cause. I'm pretty sure that underwash has something to do with it because it was absolutely fine before that. Any ideas guys?

Thanks

I'd also be checking the body mounts...I've replaced my front ones twice now and the symptoms were knocking/clunking sounds when turning and hitting bumps.

if you check your steering bump stops, you'll find that the one on the right side has worn it's rubber bump off just grease the bump stop and the place where it hits and the noise will go away for awhile. It's as common as crap with the D22's

Thanks so much guys. Turns out it was the body mounts. Spray then all with some lithium grease and now the noise is completely gone. I take it this is something that will return after a while?

Latest posts

Back