Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about to do this mod. Do I keep the Pre filter or do I remove that as well? I have a tjm snorkel fitted.

IMG_1745.JPG

IMG_1746.JPG

IMG_1748.JPG

IMG_1749.JPGJust finished the 80 series air box mod, used a 3'' silicone hose adapter to connect with the factory snorkel, and a silicone reducer from flex tube to turbo elbow(i used a piece of exhaust inside the join as not to crush it)
quite an improvement over standard, as with the other members more down low and improved acceleration, well worth the mod

Hi all just got back from a test drive after fitting up the hjz80 air box, i was amazed at how much bigger the filter was and the amount of power that comes from just letting the engine breath a little more, well worth it!!

Im gona do this mod too, so i need a petrol air box with a diesel lid ay?
just not sure as starry d22 said he got the whole diesel box to fit?

cheers for any help, James

i used a complete diesel box, i had to grind the locating lug on the dust bowl and turn it arround to stop it hitting the bottom radiator hose

yeah i just picked one up, i think it was the turbo diesel box with a NA diesel lid, looks like it will fit, mite have to mess with the brackets

i just bought a diesel airbox and was wondering if the sensor on the side with the 2 hoses coming out of it needs to be hooked up when put into the nav or if they are just a toyota thing,i cant see anything similar on the navara airbox.

Good to hear so many people are doing this mod, its well worth it for sure.
cheers mark.

i fitted the diesel 80 series airbox on the weekend and had a bit of trouble connecting the original hose from the lid to the turbo as it was a bit short,i managed to get it on but the hose is a bit stressed.did anyone else have this problem and if so how was it fixed?apart from that it definitely improves performance and is definitely worth the effort!!!!

im half way thru it... man it sounded easy but wat a pita!!
had to make up two brackets, cut one off and bend up the long one!

yeah shane75 the hose from the turbo is no where even near fitting to the lid outlet, probly cos i have a body lift aswell though.

im going to get some 2" exhaust pipe tomoro and a peice of 2" silicon hose to make a 100mm spacer between the turbo and the inlet hose. then the original hose should be at the same height as the air box lid outlet.
if you dont have a body lift then a 50mm spacer would probably be right.

yeah mate thanks for the help,i was quite sceptical of any performance gain out of this mod but was quite surprised out how much harder the nav pulls now,definitely worth the effort!!!! is the turbo inlet 2"then?

hey just thought i'd share the finished product...
havent noticed any increase in power, "response" or any other psychosematic benefits,
but the filter is definatly a larger surface area, is easier to access/ change, has a better water drain setup, and has far less restrictions to flow as the oem setup.

i think its worth it just because its a sturdier, more water tight setup than the oem, and fits up to the snorkel perfectly. definatly not a 15 min job though!

Attachments

• Image0092.jpg
    Image0092.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 1,425
  • Image0093.jpg
    Image0093.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 953
  • Image0094.jpg
    Image0094.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 1,051
  • Image0095.jpg
    Image0095.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 918
Awesome job guys. If I move my fuel filter is there enough room in that space for a 100Ah battery? I think there should be but it's hard to see from the images

hey just thought i'd share the finished product...
havent noticed any increase in power, "response" or any other psychosematic benefits,
but the filter is definatly a larger surface area, is easier to access/ change, has a better water drain setup, and has far less restrictions to flow as the oem setup.

i think its worth it just because its a sturdier, more water tight setup than the oem, and fits up to the snorkel perfectly. definatly not a 15 min job though!

Did you use a diesel or petrol airbox? or a frankenstein combo?

im not 100% sure, just picked the bits out of a basket at the wreckers.
i THINK its the lid from a N/A diesel (the turbo lid outlet curved down from memory) and a turbo box. (pretty sure the N/A diesel box had the water trap on the wrong side)

Sorry to be annoying but has anyone completed this mod with a Safari snorkel fitted? Was just looking at mine and wondering if there is much difference.
Safari looks like it may have large single bent plastic tube coming through to the original ZD30 box.
Thanks

Latest posts

Back