Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to be annoying but has anyone completed this mod with a Safari snorkel fitted? Was just looking at mine and wondering if there is much difference.
Safari looks like it may have large single bent plastic tube coming through to the original ZD30 box.
Thanks

yeah mate i have done the mod with safari snorkel and found a definite improvement in performance,the snorkel goes straight into airbox now,no restrictive bends like the original set up.definitely worth doing in my opinion!!!

Hi Guys,

just completed this mod on the weekend. Could only get my hands on a 75series air box so i thought for $40 i'd give it a try. I think it turned out pretty well. Moved the fuel filter at the same time but, lost my mounting for the oil catch can. Find it a new home this weekend coming.

P1010857.jpg

P1010856.jpg

P1010858.jpg

P1010859.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking at the pictures posted above by Baitfish and noticed the vacuum hose on the air filter housing lid. I trawled back and found a reference to it on page 7 but it didn't mention blocking it off.

Guys, make sure if you are fitting a hose as pictured you fit a ball bearing or similar to block the hose. The outside fitting on the housing is unfiltered, as the sensor that has been removed is a monitor of how blocked up the air filter is.

I was looking at the pictures posted above by Baitfish and noticed the vacuum hose on the air filter housing lid. I trawled back and found a reference to it on page 7 but it didn't mention blocking it off.

Guys, make sure if you are fitting a hose as pictured you fit a ball bearing or similar to block the hose. The outside fitting on the housing is unfiltered, as the sensor that has been removed is a monitor of how blocked up the air filter is.

yeah this is true, i used some of that 3mm clear tube u get from bunnings, and the head from one of those coloured pins ur mum has in her sewing kit inside the tube to block it, fits perfectly

I have mate.Its pretty easy.I have photos in nissan navara d22 v8

Cheers, I checked out ur pics but I'm still a little worried. Did you try this before u chucked in the V8???

How does it work with the air flow meter???
Is the 80 Series box only suitable when connecting to a snorkel or can I fix to the standard air intake for now???

PS. Love ur conversion... wish I had a spare $20k lying around :(

Can someone that has done this please give me the dimensions of the air box. A mate had one in his shed that he gave me we just don't know what it's was out of. We tried a hilux filter but it is to short to seal up

Or even the measurements for the 80 series filter and I'll compare them to the lux one

This seams like a great mod good work fellas
One question though are the filter elements very dear?

Cheers blake

Def more expensive than the standard Nav ones but it's to be expected considering it's like 3 times the size. I'm looking at the Unifilter one and it's around the $80 mark so I assume the standard on should be around $40ish.

the ryco 80's filters are only a couple of dollars more than the nav ones at supercrap, should last a heap longer before clogging up too

Def more expensive than the standard Nav ones but it's to be expected considering it's like 3 times the size. I'm looking at the Unifilter one and it's around the $80 mark so I assume the standard on should be around $40ish.

mate i got one from a diesel spares place on southside of brisbane for $20

Does anyone know of anywhere in SA that has plenty of these airbox's? or am i just gonna have to ring every wreckers

This sounds like a great mod... i've got a brand spanking Safari snorkel sitting in the shed waiting to be attached so i might try sourcing an 80 series box and do em at the same time! Should save a bit of messing about seeing as some of the bends won't be needed anymore...

Does anyone know of anywhere in SA that has plenty of these airbox's? or am i just gonna have to ring every wreckers

Try Oriental & Paradise wreckers, but yeah, your going to have to ring around.
I went to Oriental first and they had one but I didn't get it at the time.
A week later their one had sold but they told me Paradise had one so I paid over the phone & got it couriered to me.

In terms of price, around the $100 mark seems to be what everyone is asking (at least in SA). But someone on here said they found one for $20, so it may pay to look around a bit more if ur not in a hurry.

Getting mine installed this week along with all the other goodies :)

Latest posts

Back