Landcruiser 80 series airbox into d22.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ridgie, I would guess the sheetmetal crimps are leaking.

Why don't people fit a GU airbox????

you should fit one and let us know?

by the look of them, the intake comes out in the centre of the round box, wouldn't conveniently line up with a hole through the body work like the 80 series.

Ridgie, I would guess the sheetmetal crimps are leaking.

Why don't people fit a GU airbox????

I put that sticky black shit over them as instructed....but I might have another look.

Did you suggest something about spraying WD40 to check for air leaks?

Case84 had a GU box in his beast - did the job.

Joshman - Jase has a GU airbox........he drives a GU Patrol LOL!! :big_smile:

Just thought I would let everyone know I had the intake side of the airbox rub through the side indicator wire causing it to short out. A thing to watch out for.

on top of the GU box as stated the inlets just dont line up. i had a good look at my brothers gu that he drowned this wknd and it just wouldnt sit right. on the other hand im pretty sure a BT50/Ranger box would slide in nicely and the filters are nice and chunky.

As soon as I get the last silicone elbow delivered from Hong Kong, I should be ready to start on my airbox install. And then start on my bashplates install, and then.......:big_smile:

I'll put piccies up as I do it anyway.

isnt a GU box plastic? they blow to bits from a backfire thats why they fit 80 series to a GQ...i was told they are about $700 to replace ( a GQ) so why would you bother with one?

^ They are plastic.

But your diesel would have to have some serious problems to backfire.

I've got hold of both a diesel non turbo airbox and a petrol one.. how are you guys getting around the problem of the center threaded rod being different lengths on each box? because in a ll the pictures iv seen no-ones had to use excess washer or anythings to space it up

I've got hold of both a diesel non turbo airbox and a petrol one.. how are you guys getting around the problem of the center threaded rod being different lengths on each box? because in a ll the pictures iv seen no-ones had to use excess washer or anythings to space it up

mine had a longer rod,so i cut it shorter and cut a new thread on it,i mean i cut the thread lower down untill i could tighten the lid down..

My install team cut it off at the base and then cut to the desired length and re-welded..............I think that's what I saw them do!

My install team cut it off at the base and then cut to the desired length and re-welded..............I think that's what I saw them do!

Yeah Jase didn't have the right die to cut the thread longer, so he cut'n'shut it.

A mate of mine has a early model td prado,the airbox looked a bit like the one fitted in Ridgie's ute.
Could be worth looking into if people can't find 80 air boxes.

What engine is the petrol one from? I've rang raps of wreckers, they either don't have any or are asking what engine they are from?? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Just in the proccess of getting together the parts for this mod... What size is the silicone coupling that goes from the new airbox to the snorkel? because after measuring the inlet on my petrol air box, it appers to be 80mm (3.125") rather than the 76mm (3") that you are all saying? and i cant measure the snorkel fitting yet because i dont want to pull apart all my pre cleaner and airbox until im actually doing the mod.

any help would be appreciated, cheers

IMG_0970.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back