Lasoya's 03 D22 STR Navara

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As in the air filter ?

Id be getting a spare silicon hose for the turbo side if I was you.

Looks pretty average, best to change it before it lets you down.

The clips just dont seal the air filter box up enough due the underneath clip not working properly, for now ive taped the gap and it seals, going to try and find some kind of clamp bracket to seal it properly.

And yeh dave ill be replacing that hose soon anyways to blue :)

Its 45mm, I got 2 from Autobarn for $20 each I think it was.

Supercheap charges $30.

Nissan want $50ish I hear.

Did you happen to notice you have nice wheels? Good to see done different ones out there. I'm wondering if that dash light issue disappeared with the update model, I've got an 05 and my lights are fine too! There's a recent thread kickin around about led strip lights for $1 on eBay if you need more cabin light.
Sweet wheels by the way...

Hey Lasoya! I had the same problem with my air filter. I used a piece of thin foam strip with a sticky side and went around the whole lip of the filter housing itself. Now it seals like a dream.
Didnt bother cutting it as no need. Got the strip from Plastics Plus.
es9jpu.jpg

9u0nll.jpg

Now that foam runs another half onto the inside also and the other half is on the outside.

Last edited:
Cheers man i might give that a shot or ill just run a bead of selastic in there when i do the snorkel tomorrow

I wouldn't use silicon or sealastic/loctite at all. When you remove it to replace the filter it will leave a mess behind and a pain in the ass. You also wouldnt want that mess sucked into your engine :p

Found that out with my old car. :)

Hey Lasoya,

You can get the strip from bunnings I'm 99% sure. It's is similar or is actually a foam door seal. Working in the aluminum window and door industry for the last 12 or so years I have seen it many times before. It's just a single sided foam, you can get it in different widths and also different compressions.

I wonder if the foam tape I use at work would do the job. might give it a go in my air filter box. Its the shit we use to seal bits of ducts together (AirCon plumber). be happy to give that shit away, costs nothing lol :p. Nice ride tho Lasoya! did you wire the back speakers yourself? how did you go about running the wires through to the speakers? looks narley

I wonder if the foam tape I use at work would do the job. might give it a go in my air filter box. Its the shit we use to seal bits of ducts together (AirCon plumber). be happy to give that shit away, costs nothing lol :p. Nice ride tho Lasoya! did you wire the back speakers yourself? how did you go about running the wires through to the speakers? looks narley
Na mate i got a audio installer to do it for me as i had to get custom door panels made.

Cheers Cooper for that foam tip, i went down to Bunnings and got some 12mm thick handy seal stuff which is used for door seals etc. Now seals a treat and no air leaking !!!! :cheers!:

Did you get those clear indicators off ebay ?

Whats the quality like ?

YD25 snorkel or ZD30 snorkel ?

Indicators were already on car when i bought it, they look very new though.

Snorkel is the ZD30 kit

Off Topic I know but those bricks in your garage as so distinctive to WA, can't quite put my finger on why they are so distinctive but all my relos over their have garages that due to the brick work would look exactly like yours.

Latest posts

Back