LED lights, which ones etc.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zanick

Reaction score
Hey all, I'm in the process of going thru all the different types/brands etc of led spots/ floods for my nav.

Iv been all over eBay, thru 4wd magazines and the internet but was wondering if anyone has or had them and if so which ones and what they think of them etc.

I thought the best way to compare them against each other would be lumens output per $...... As some say they are X watts or don't specify at all.

I found some 6" floods and if i bought 3 or so would be roughly equal to a 10" light bar.
Not too sure tho.

Any thoughts....?

Cheers
James.

If you after a work light type, I went the eagle square spot/spread led from eBay, it's super bright and is brighter than my mates who went to name brand shops. If you're after a front mount, I found a 20in bar from boss off road on eBay for $550, which is even cheaper than they offer from their own website. It's fantastic and super bright. I compared it to a mates Chinese one and mine was slightly brighter and about $80 cheaper. Great heavy duty unit and came with relay, wiring and switch gear.

What sort of light are you looking for (Spot or flood)???
Do you want to go for a light bar or individual lights?
Where are you going to mount it?
How much do you want to spend?

I have heard NARVA product sales dudes (FarmFest) state that their LED light bars are only good out to 150m tops.

Narva do offer up a twin 10 Watt LED in a super spec housing for about $200+ apparently the mines love 'em.

Bush tracks at night (lower speeds) = maybe a combo of LEDs on the angles and high beam is enough dunno - but to get there to the tracks at night ???
It's up to you and how much you want to spend.

Last edited:
I've got a 30" BajaDesigns LED bar on the front, and it's freaking sweet as, it's much, much better than the IPF halogen spotlights, which i will be replacing with some lightforce genesis XGT HID's soon. and so good for night runs, it's spreads alot wider than a set of spotties will.

if you're after work lamps for teh tray or for rock lights, etc, give these a chop, i've got a few of these on my truck, they're brilliant.

joshman said:
I've got a 30" BajaDesigns LED bar on the front, and it's freaking sweet as, it's much, much better than the IPF halogen spotlights, which i will be replacing with some lightforce genesis XGT HID's soon. and so good for night runs, it's spreads alot wider than a set of spotties will.

if you're after work lamps for teh tray or for rock lights, etc, give these a chop, i've got a few of these on my truck, they're brilliant.

I just hid concrete my roo lights and I'm
Not too happy with them.. Done know what I should get next now. Are your ipf's the xtreme version?

I just hid concrete my roo lights and I'm
Not too happy with them.. Done know what I should get next now. Are your ipf's the xtreme version?

i think so, they're the IPF 900XS halogen spotties, the big round ones.

they're absolute crap compared to the LED bar, i don;t even use them anymore. the LED bar provides me with excellent spread and medium distance viewing, but i want the XGT's to really pierce the distance and give me some excellent range.

I'll ake your ipf's when you're done with them
Then ;). The roo lite were a lot better before the hid conversion. Im not happy with them. The light spread is so uneven..

Cheers for the Help, Right then...., I was thinking of front mount, mainly closer distances like track use, not so much for distance driving.
In terms of location, I would love to put it on the front of my roof rack, but still be able to put the ladders on for work during the week, but I have one of those crappy light bars off the number-plate, so can mount the 6" round from that too.
I was thinking if I got either I could still try a cheaper eBay Pair of floods for up to 100m.
I saw 2160 lumens 6" round floods for around $32 each.
I looked at some snake racing 'rigid' light bars and they work out to be less output per $.
Don't really wanna spend massive bucks but will try and push the envelope with the wifey when the time comes.

are for technical driving at night, i went down to super cheap and got some cheap as 55w halogen light (~$25/pair) and have installed two of them in front of my front wheels as rock lights, so i can see where i'm putting my front wheels, monting the lights on your roof is going to cast a fair sized shadow across that critical area.

the LED bar is quite superb in its light throw, because it's long, it kind 'fills in' the shadow behind objects, making them easier to see, easier on the eyes, and proper to gauge sizes/distance and depth by.

check towards the bottom of this page in my build thread for pics.

I'm thinking I'll go XGT's next. But these will do until the main things are done.

if you're after work lamps for teh tray or for rock lights, etc, give these a chop, i've got a few of these on my truck, they're brilliant.[/QUOTE]

Yeah cheers mate, that's kinda what I was looking at but I was looking at the brighter floods, 24watts. 2160lumens per light.
They are dirt cheeeeeap too. That's why I thought maybe a 4 of those if I couldn't get a bar light at the right price. Maybe 2 floods, 2 spots.....?

Depends what you want the lights for? Do you want them as driving lights? (highway use, etc) Or night time technical driving? (hill climbs, ruts, the usual)

If you're after driving lights, then save your money and buy proper driving lights. Spotties, reputable LED bars, etc)

If you're after work lamps/rock lights, the 13W's are heaps bright, and the 24W are brighter again. And do make excellent work/reverse lamps.

are for technical driving at night, i went down to super cheap and got some cheap as 55w halogen light (~$25/pair) and have installed two of them in front of my front wheels as rock lights, so i can see where i'm putting my front wheels, monting the lights on your roof is going to cast a fair sized shadow........

Cheers joshman, good points, iv got some of those super crap lights for reversing (although I haven't fitted them yet.....!)

Latest posts

Back