left tire hitting guard

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2012 d22

Reaction score
Hi all
Not sure if this has been covered but I couldn't find it anywhere. This is my first post so I'm not even sure if it's in the right section.
I have a 2012 D22 and have recently fitted 265/75/16 Kelly TSR tyres. The dealer that fitted them wound up the torsion bars to get them to fit and done a wheel alignment.
When I got home and had a good look, I noticed that when on full lock the passenger side tire gets closer to the guard than the driver side tire. It has rubbed a few times, but only on the passenger side. It looks as if the passenger side wheel sits closer to the mud guard than the driver side wheel.
I have read on here that 265/75 will fit on a d22 with some trimming of the guards. Like I said it's fine on the driver side, but the passenger seems to rub more than it should.
Is there an adjustment to bring the wheel back or forward? and is this normal?
I don't know much when it comes to wheel alignments so maybe this is normal.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

This is because the passenger side wheel has different alignment specs to the right, mainly to compensate for the camber is most roads. This is almost always why the left wheel comes closer to the guard than the right, solution is to get a stanley knife and just cut a bit of useless plastic off the mud guards.

Mine is a 2010 and I had the exact same issue. I just removed the front mud flaps in the end as even when i cut off the inside part it still scrubbed.

Nothing to worry about then. Looks like I'll have to do some more trimming on the mud guards.

Thanks for the replies.

Latest posts

Back