Legal tyre width

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speed10689

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is the sidewall of a tyre legally allowed to hang outside the body of the vehicle or does it also have to be within the vehicle?

I have been told only the tread pattern needs to be contained inside to be considered legal. Is this correct?

I think your splitting straws! depends on the wolloper that pulls you over but no - you shouldn't be able to see the tyre pass the guard ! Then again it may come down to what state your in " and I don't mean being pissed'' ;) a strip of rubber added to the flare is enough to have it pass, I hate the look on mine but being a alloy tray and having a stone bounce of the front of it "just where it sticks out past the cab" and come into the cab and then bounce of the windscreen and hit me in the face at a 100ks was enough to convince me to do it ! I couldn't believe it - had them hit the tray a few times before this and was thinking of doing it and then this, got me perfectly in the middle of the forehead I kid you not ! ...... you can stop laughing now ;) cheers and beers vic

Latest posts

Back