Light Bar Mounted on Canopy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gbt

Reaction score
I am considering mounting an LED light bar onto my canopy. I am interested in ideas of how to fix it to the canopy, how hot the lights get and how much of a gap I need to make sure it does not burn anything (if LED's get hot - I assume they do), and how high off the canopy it needs to be so the roof does not block too much light. I have a king cab ute so it shouldnt be affected as much as a double cab.... but really I imagine that doesnt make too much difference.

Any info from people who have mounted them on canopies and sports bars would be appreciated.

Silicone strip on the glass then lay led strip on to it. The glue on the back of the strip will get hot and will come off without silicone.

G'day

Maximum height = Line of sight from, Top of light bar to front of roof without seeing Bonnet/Bull Bar. This will get light close to the front of the vehicle without direct reflection off the front of the vehicle.

Ha ha, yeah sorry. On top, with a decent light bar. I am impressed you read the forum while watering the garden though. I have seen and read about them mounted on sports bars and was figuring that it would be about the same height. I was just concerned about the strength of the canopy and the heat from the light.

Latest posts

Back