Lighting stump!!!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jardz91

Reaction score
Hi all I cant get my driveing lights going. I replaced the relay and checked all the wireing but still nothing. I can get them going by hooking the light wire straight to the battery so bulbs and wires to lights etc fine. Any ideas as I'm really stumped.

Got it took out the switch and just joined the wires. turned out the switch was ****ed.. new switch. atleast it was simpler the thought. maybe i should of checked that before possting rather then just fuses and the relay

Dont worry mate, First thing i reach for is a multimeter so i can check for a circuit. Been caught out before i even check fuses with the meter

You should buy yourselves a test light. Multi-meters are good 95% of the time however once in a blue moon it will give u a ghost voltage and tell u that you have power there this is because a multi-meter doesn't apply a load to that voltage like I light does. Also when testing fuses with a multi-meter on ohms u can still get a tiny connection that will make it read fine however that connection won't handle the load of whatever it is supposed to power. Test lights are cheaper and more reliable for automotive fault finding

Back