lighting switch to pioneer head unit

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay185

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

i have almost all of the cables from the pioneer head unit connected (except the mute and the lighting cable). I dont have any mute button where i can tap this one so I am left with the lighting cable. i believe what this does is when you turn on your light switch, it will dim the head unit. but I have no way of knowing where I can tap this cable to.

maybe you guys can point me to the right direction. i'd appreciate it if you can post some pics too

i own a yd25 d40 2010 navara thai built I believe.

Parker's or dash lights. I just taped into the Parker's on the column. If you have a test light or multi meter just do a probe around at the back of the switch. Hope this helps.

Cheers.

Dose your cigarette lighter have a ring that lights up when you turn on your Parker's. if so tap into the wire to the light. Or remove the steering column covers then with a test lamp probe the back of the switch that you use to turn on your lights / Parker's. you can make a test light out of a 12v globe and two lengths of wire. Just earth one side and probe with the other. You just need something that has power when the Parker's are on.

no with the cig ligther.

i see that there are 2 screws with the steering column but i cant get them apart after removing that 2 screws. do i force them apart?

On the multiplug that goes to the radio.its the orange wire..thats the active 12v wire from your lights.it should hook into your radio and once it has power it will dim the display

Could be the yellow on too.....just check with a multimeter on a test light.but its right there on the original radio plug

i believe ive tried that before but will try again with the original radio wiring harness.

I just finnished wiring somthing on mine.im using that wire to drive a relay....even with the old radio it NEEDS a 12 v illumination wire....it has to be there!

alright. seen it. its the green wire. i did a volt meter test and it shows 12v when i switched the lights on. :D cool! now my head unit dims when i turn on the lights. thank you all for the support.

now... the last annoying thing that i need to fix. interference from cell to bluetooth mic. it seems that the microphone that is included with the pioneer avh-8450bt (parrot) isn't shielded. i mount my phone on my dash and the mic cable runs underneath the dash. whenever my phone's there, the interference just makes the call unbearable, i need to unmount my phone and throw it at the back then that's when the call will be clear. damn...

Latest posts

Back