live axle d40 up and running

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All this work and still OME shocks?

come on Ray credit where its due mate.
After looking at all the mods done all that you can see is the rear shocks?????????
These are the first guys that i have seen that have managed to get a D40 with a SAS actually working, where every one else is still trying to get around the ABS.

I dont care what language you speak, or what fancy shocks you are running, that thing is awesome!!!! and even with super crap auto shocks it would still walk all over yours and my D40's dont you think???

it would be nice to be able to lift it higher, go bigger wheels, have unbreakable diffs and to change ratios to accom the bigger wheels

it would be nice to be able to lift it higher, go bigger wheels, have unbreakable diffs and to change ratios to accom the bigger wheels

Yea you can alway go bigger its nearly 10" higher then a standard D40

Please dont tell me your "MONSTER RIDE" gear is just as good.....please....

Who are you? Seriously. Did i say it was better? I would say its better then OME yes. As for better then the sas. Its two totally different animals. Im happy with mine as far as hieght and flex.

And yea it would probably walk all over mine because its solid axle. No brainer. Im sure
If i went and got a solid axle hilux or patrol then it would be an equal match wouldnt it? Lets compare the same here.

Last edited:
Who are you? Seriously. Did i say it was better? I would say its better then OME yes. As for better then the sas. Its two totally different animals. Im happy with mine as far as hieght and flex.

Glad your happy.
I just thought it was a funny call to pick up on the rear shocks.

:rofl:

Glad your happy.
I just thought it was a funny call to pick up on the rear shocks.

:rofl:

since were picking on little things.
ide be unhappy if i waited around all this time for monster rides payed all that money and could of got the same thing by running spacers ontop of a a cheaper full lift kit.

since were picking on little things.
ide be unhappy if i waited around all this time for monster rides payed all that money and could of got the same thing by running spacers ontop of a a cheaper full lift kit.

But you wouldnt get the same thing. You would have a set of spacers under your coils. And probably leafs. Wheres the benefit in that? Why wouldnt you just get that Calmini lift if you want it to be as good as a maloo or f6 offroad? If you wanna drive around on the road and look cool. Well then thats a good choice probably because itll be high. As for suspension. Wouldnt you just get something that is actually suspension?

Spoke to the Kari from SELDOM SEEN today, could be looking at doing the SAS on my D40....... just not sure if i will keep this one yet........ if i do then it will end up getting the treatment.

Mate i will let them quote pricing, they are just making sure there is no problems with the first one.

Would be great to know even ball park coversion figure $10K - $20K ???

As I know $10K would be good value - but how much would all the fabricating and labour add up to ? $10K alone I bet + parts.

Had a mate do a Hilux in QLD $11k drive in drive out with cruiser solid front axle

Would be great to know even ball park coversion figure $10K - $20K ???

As I know $10K would be good value - but how much would all the fabricating and labour add up to ? $10K alone I bet + parts.

Had a mate do a Hilux in QLD $11k drive in drive out with cruiser solid front axle

Did they do anything with the rear axle???
Or are they able to match ratio's between the two diffs?? and is there any difference in the width?? if they did leave the rear diff that would of saved heaps of $$$$, you cant do that with the D40 as there is no other option/ratio's available..... yet....

Last edited:
Back