Long range fuel tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nic.t

Reaction score
I have managed to find a second hand fuel tank in good condition, there are no markings stampings or stickers on it, based on the exterior colour I would say it is a LongRanger................. anyway............

I have a 2012 Dual cab 2.5 and removed it from a 2006 3L td, I have searched online and can find a couple of manufactures for the long range tank but all only list one part number or style.

May I safe assuming they are all the same and will bolt in or are the chassis different?

NICK

The chassis are definitely different. That doesn't mean it won't fit.

Give Out Of Town 4WD in Barnesly a call. They're the manufacturer. ARB Newcastle (owned by Out Of Town 4WD) do the fitting, so you could try them as well. At ARB, ask for Peter, he'll look after you.

I have managed to find a second hand fuel tank in good condition, there are no markings stampings or stickers on it, based on the exterior colour I would say it is a LongRanger................. anyway............

I have a 2012 Dual cab 2.5 and removed it from a 2006 3L td, I have searched online and can find a couple of manufactures for the long range tank but all only list one part number or style.

May I safe assuming they are all the same and will bolt in or are the chassis different?

NICK
If it is a LongRanger it will be stamped with a serial number...all their tanks are.

been really busy with work, but hoping to get it up on the hoist tomorrow for a measure up.

Any recommendations for a long range tank to suit the d22. With the few that are out there its hard to pick. I'm hoping to get them to modify the brackets to suit a bodylift before they send it to me. Guess I'm looking for quality and reliability, not necessary capacity and don't want it handing below chassis rather it above chassis away from being bashed.

Also I contacted ironman and they should have the d22 tank ready end of September.

Rusty

If anyone has the 4wd systems 145l tank can you take pictures of it and how sits in comparison to chassis level. also its mounting points.

thanks

The welds on the 4wdSystems tanks weren't awesome.

I picked up 1 cheap a while back, was gonna get it rewelded but didn't have the time.

Sold it to Tanz on here, he got a good buy.

I brought a Longranger, constantly get a safe distance of 1100km's before the fuel light comes on. Usually comes on at 1150km's.

The sales dude talks it up as if its the best welds around. Fully welded including dully welded internal baffles not stitch welded. The 145l would be nice but may be to much weight. My guess is yours is 120-125L? Gonna have a look at the LRA tanks at 4wd show

That was like 4 years ago. They have probably picked up there game.

Most I have put in mine is 118L. Was shitting myself thinking Id run out of fuel.

Said to be 125L but they reckon they will hold 130L.

Also the 145l item they won't move the mounting points to accommodate the body lift. Can you chock them up or are they bolted differently?

They do for Patrol's.

Bug enough they might look into it.

I brought the longrange tank to save me down the track.

Get the fuel where you know its good.

I can drive to Dubbo and back on a tank of fuel. Can go to Brisbane on a tank of diesel and drive 300km's back before refuelling.

That's my plan to. Save me buying shit fuel I can get 120l at a servo I trust. It'll make my fueling issues easier for doing the cape etc. That's why I wanted pics of mounting points so I can see if it can be moved or I can just get some metal packers to lift it up.

Pm Tanz.

Not sure how often he is around. Use to have his mobile number, broke the old phone though.

Shit that is not bad. I was quoted $1059+128postage for the 145l unit. Just message tanz. See how I go. Wouldn't mind the ironman unit but they won't be ready till September. My guess is the price tag would VE around the $700-800 mark

I couldn't go back to a standard size tank.

I like the fact I can just keep driving without even looking at the gauge.

I watch the temp gauge all the time. It will move way faster then a fuel gauge will.

Back