Long range fuel tank

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVLSTX

Reaction score
I have been offered a Long range fuel tank for my D40 (once fitted my tank will pump out 153L) I have never owned a long range tank, what are the pro's and con's?

I have two cons with mine, neither of which are terribly concerning for me.

First, I can't use a high-flow pump, so filling the tank takes about 3 days, 4 hours and 17 mins give or take. If I use a high-flow, at about the 120L mark I get a huge surge of fuel coming back up the intake and another at the 140L mark.

The second con I can think of is that my fuel gauge doesn't start registering until the aux tank is empty and I'm consuming fuel in the main tank.

If it's second hand, make sure you inspect the interior, especially the seams.

I have the 143L Brown Davis long range tank. The fuel gauge works exactly the same, expect it takes twice as long to hit "empty". The only con I have is my tank seems to surge almost immediately, spilling diesel everywhere! I've tried a few different techniques, no joy so far! Still spits every time. Other then that I love it.

I have long ranger aux like tony but wish i had went one tank as the original tank is plastic and cops a beating when off road. Other then that I love it!

I have the 143L Brown Davis long range tank. The fuel gauge works exactly the same, expect it takes twice as long to hit "empty". The only con I have is my tank seems to surge almost immediately, spilling diesel everywhere! I've tried a few different techniques, no joy so far! Still spits every time. Other then that I love it.

I have the same tank fitted I haven't had a problem with surging whilst filling up, my fuel gauge dos'nt move from full until around the 400km mark, I get around 1300km to the tank with aprox 20lt left in it

Last edited:
long range tanks

Hi was wondering what is available in long range tanks ? and costs for fitting /
At the moment im carrying around 2 x 20lt plastic jerry cans . i use them quite often as im travelling quite a bit

Hey mate, i know this was a while back you made this post, you still happy with the tank? did you fit it yourself? is the pump an 'in tank pump'? I am looking at getting the same one.

Hey mate, i know this was a while back you made this post, you still happy with the tank? did you fit it yourself? is the pump an 'in tank pump'? I am looking at getting the same one.

I have it as well.. Don't regret getting one. I can fill up at high flow filler, haven't had any issue with surging. also tank stays slight above the chassis so it's protected. It definitely is stronger than factory plastic one. My gauge doesn't move for 350-400km as well.

Had 180ltrs in my 98 cruiser plumbed a 18mm breather back to the filler neck never had a problem with high flow but it did hang down and the guard would often foul.

Latest posts

Back