Longer Rear Shocks

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got rancho's adjustables all round and the steering damper as well. They're good. Give ZORDO a call to sort yourself out, he'll definitely set you right.

My bad, all the way at the bottom it does show the open and closes measurements anyway

4X4parts in the US got back to me. They convert the Bilsteins 5100 to fit the frontiers from what i know.

The shock here in the link below is 410 mm closed and 664.50 mm open. Im not sure what minimum closed length we require but ill try and flex the nav up and see how compressed i can go.

https://www.4x4parts.com/nissan/frontier-5100-series-bilstein-rear-shocks-p-4228.html

Anyone know more about what compressed length and extended length would be able to work?

Last edited:
I've got rancho's adjustables all round and the steering damper as well. They're good. Give ZORDO a call to sort yourself out, he'll definitely set you right.

I have heard really good things about Rancho.

As bad as this may sound, i'm hoping to buy for the US. Its hard to ignore $86 each compared to the price in Australia. Bilsteins are $78 each for their better quality shock.

Smashing out the posts on this one...lol

Just heard back from 4x4parts US. They have Bilsteins with the following;

Collapsed Length (MM): 384
*Extended Length (MM): 617.5

My bilsteins were 355 & 568 for reference.

Confirming some final details but they are 78 bucks each.

I might even wait until i get new leaf springs, but thats the latest.

They sounds really good. I like the idea of them. Will consider them later

Smashing out the posts on this one...lol

Just heard back from 4x4parts US. They have Bilsteins with the following;

Collapsed Length (MM): 384
*Extended Length (MM): 617.5

My bilsteins were 355 & 568 for reference.

Confirming some final details but they are 78 bucks each.

I might even wait until i get new leaf springs, but thats the latest.

That's a good price... How much would postage be?

So does anyone run Calmini shocks? Any idea on the specs of them? Or is it better off the run the Blisteins?

So does anyone run Calmini shocks? Any idea on the specs of them? Or is it better off the run the Blisteins?

Just looked them up. They are 362 closed & 609.6 extended. So longer then most other shocks being sold. I like Bilsteins though so trying to stick with them.

A couple of the guys have Calmini. Meant to be a little stiff but so are Bilsteins.

gday guys im looking at getting some Bilsteins for my 03 nav with a 2 inch suspension lift. being reading your posts on the thread 4x4parts.com prices seem to good to be be true. any recommendations on who to buy from and what part numbers etc to ask for. cheers

This might sound like a stupid question but how do you know that your shocks are at there full travel, i also have Bilsteins in the rear of mine with EFS leafs. Im not sure off the top of my head what model number the shocks are.

Stu

Latest posts

Back