Looking at buying 2012 D22 2.5L STR any issues?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blair21

Reaction score
hey guys, looking at buying a 2012 D22 2.5L STR, ive heard they have a few small issues just wondering if anyone can fill me in on them or know of any? Should i be buying it? cheers lachlan

Every vehicle has issues, it's part of the engineering budget versus profit return thing, I have a 3 litre so not 100% on the 2.5 but I do know they're a great value light truck, a little agricultural but robust and simple, it's simply the best all purpose vehicle I have ever owned for what it cost me.

I own a 2013, its my 2nd of the 2.5 CR D22's. My last one was a 2010; I agree 100% with the above description of them as "robust & simple"

The only issues I've had with them is that they're very slow off the mark, but no probs after you get up & moving + they have the turning circle of a jumbo jet lol!

Mine is my work vehicle & tows an 8x5 cage trailer daily. It gets used to lug trees to the dump (I cut down trees for a living). I also tow a soft floor CT with it on holidays - no probs.

Some say they're uncomfortable, but I'm not a young man & I have no complaints.

Between the 2 of mine, they have traveled huge distances on outback dirt roads - no probs there either.

On one trip we did the Oodnadatta Track/Mt Dare/Finke/Old Ghan Track/Chamber's Pillar/Palm Valley/Mereenie Loop Road with 4 adults on board. It was a bit squeezy, but not that bad really!

They're a fairly capable 4WD stock, for what most people would do with them.

But, they are very basic! Example; only the driver's door activates the interior light.

I love them, but I'm an analogue kind of person lol!

I have to nod in agreement with fourocker "it's simply the best all purpose vehicle I have ever owned for what it cost me"

I'll sell you my 2010 d22.

Otherwise.... They are a very reliable vehicle for work and play especially when you take the price into consideration. There is a heap of little mods to make them go better that don't cost a bucket full of cash.

Latest posts

Back