Looking for, good Looking 16" Rims for a D40

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MickDooit

Reaction score
So I've heard that we have a crappy offset...?

Anyone got a pointer for a good set of rims that'll suit a D40, either in 16" or 17" if I have to, Prefer not to have to wait till my current set of tyres wear out though as I've got cracks in a rim already.

Prefer Black or Gun metal rims, if you know of some, Links are much loved as well, perhaps pointers on who sells them as well.

Pictures please if you can!

Cheers, Mick.

Mick - if you have a cracked Alloy, i'm sure nissan will be replacing it for you, as they are about to send out the recall notices on D40 Alloy rims. You could push the issue and have your Alloy replaced early (for free).

Woody's right, even if your model doesn't fit into the recall range take it back and get it looked at, the worst they can say is no. There is still nothing stopping you changing wheels and I'm sure if you used the search function you'll find D40 wheels on other people rides but it's worth atleast seeing if your rims will be part of the recall.

Thanks guys, I had a guy in an AU Falcon clip my other wheel, so that's two I can get replaced... But I still wouldn't mind a different set on my car, something a little more interesting, perhaps in black.

I'll search around and see what I can see.

The 17inch ones that come standard on STX/Pathfinder might look ok if powdercoated black, probably get a set not too expensive from ebay too

I think you can still get these in 17" in Black Silver or Chrome
NavaraBrakes008.jpg

NavaraUCA002.jpg

Last edited:
thanks for the feedback guys, took me a while to get back to a PC to see the photos properly but they all look nice, I like the Allied wheels rims, they are cool, I might have to try out a set of them.

Hi Mick, I have just been through the exercise & found its not the offset that is the issue its the PCD of the studs (114.3 I think). The Navara has its own apparently, where as the D22's can inter change with Rodeos & Lux's. I ended up with a set of Avanti racing wheels as I found a cheap sale. also I was warned if I go away from the 16" it can a bit harder to get AT tyres & they get more expensive

Thanks Jeff, I actually got a letter from Nissan today saying they'd replace my wheels for free (Under warranty/ recall as they have cracked), I'm going to see my dealer and get the wheels and get them painted I think. Hopefully they'll let me do it.

Back