looking Suspension revamp chasing some ideas

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boxy

Reaction score
Hey blokes

its been a while since of posted on hear compared to the amount i used to but as the title states im looking at revamping my suspension,after cape york and 2 years of 4wding the ironman has just sagged all round.I was actually looking at selling the rig but apart from buying a brand new 3.5t excavator for my buisness instead of the dual cab cruiser she has proven hard to let go of.

So i was looking at replacing the front struts withe monster rides coil overs with new upper control arms in the front( i no theres other places that make the coilovers but would like to keep it local rather than getting them oversees).

has anyone got any good ideas for the rear i need the 500+ spring because of the draws,water tanks,fridge ? i heard those 3 stage springs are good i think there sax or something anyway any suggestion or ideas would be good cheers boxy

JasonD40 has the sax in his navara. I like my sax springs I am just unsure of the d40 stuff. I would buy then again if I purchased another rig.

Rusty

All sax suspension are a minimum of 2" lift. You cannot buy a standard height sax spring. I think monster ridesuse the sax gear in there kits. Maybe worth ringing and aasking them about it.

There have been a hell of a lot of complaints and court cases involving sax springs over the last year from what i have read on here so i would seriously look else where..

There have been a hell of a lot of complaints and court cases involving sax springs over the last year from what i have read on here so i would seriously look else where..

Yeh there have but to be honest I wouldn't believe all you read. I have no affiliation with sax and I have personally had a good experience with there product. As for the complaint yes I agree they had s bad product and have been working to rectify issues which from what I have heard is the latest release on these springs have been highly successful. I reckon if a company like monster rides is regarding them highly and adding them to there kits they must be doing something right. I doubt MR would be using a poor quality product

I would doubt that too and have no first hand experience with there gear at all and was just stating what i have read but if i was to get sax i would want them fitted and tested before i was to hand over any cash. Again only going by what i have read on a few threads here,,

I would doubt that too and have no first hand experience with there gear at all and was just stating what i have read but if i was to get sax i would want them fitted and tested before i was to hand over any cash. Again only going by what i have read on a few threads here,,

Got no problems with that mate. I would want it tested before I handed cash over aswell if I hadn't had them before. My mechanic has just become a supplier and fitter of sax and I warned him about what was said on here and told him to research it a bit more before signing anything. He questioned sax and John and got a full black and white report from the courts etc.

Rusty

I was looking at the Sax suspension myself, but decided to go OME Dakar springs with OME Nitrocharger Sports shocks (mostly for the high heat dissipation rate).

Car handles well loaded or unloaded (the Dakar springs are dual-rate). I have no complaints about them - I bought mine at the height of the problems being noted by people with Sax Suspension, which made me think twice - but if they're still in the biz, you can bet they'd have lifted their game by now so they'd be worth considering - with understandable care.

I've got sax suspension on my D22 and after getting 4 different sets of springs off them, I am still not happy with them, they are crap. If I was you I wouldn't be handing over any money to them until you are happy with the results, once they have your money that's it. That was my experience anyway. When I can afford to put different suspension in, this crap will be going in the scrap bin. I wouldn't even think about selling it on to someone else.

There is a couple of threads about them, do a search for 400 kg leaf springs or Don't use sax suspension and see what comes up.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back