Lost or Found

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is He Lost Or Found

• Get home and fell asleep,

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Got lost on his way home,

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Picked up a hitch hiker along the way and is still showing him a "good time"

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Went to see his copper mate like he suggested,

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Or is buried at ADOS after being caught siphoning all the bourbon out of peoples eskies.

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Awwwwe you missed me, you had D22Dave and Fatboy to keep you entertained.

I was hoping Tony invited the local community, some of the local girls could of been fun.

I tried to do my part part for the good of the forum and keep the bs flowing. But krafty is a hard man to keep up with. And then the river called my name so here i sit typing into a iphone with limited reception enjoying the murray river

We put up the offer of 6 weeks work if they don't want it we don't want to force them, the last thing we need is to have people there that are only there to cash a pay cheque we need serious workers who aren't afraid to get dirty and maybe a few cuts.

We are buying a new diesel gennie, new air compressor, new rammer, new wire runners and a heap of other stuff to do this job, we also don't want nufti's with no respect for other peoples gear.

my son is currently out of work and will travel for the right $$
he is a big lad and a hard worker
are we talkin cash or cheque Krafty
pm me with what your offering and ile pass it on to him

D22Dave: I didn't realise you were trying to keep up, I'm sorry. Now Dave's back I wont have to work so hard so it will be easier to keep up.

Sparra: to be honest traveling plus accommodation meals and transport etc probably wont make it very profitable for people outside the area. This is all by the book and was suppose to be a "work for the dole" type thing but it was to be done by choice not forced, we were trying to help the locals but since they didn't want to help themselves we made alternative arrangements.

I'd like them forced too but this is not an easy job, it's safe when all precautions are in place but the last thing we wanted was people who were forced to be there and not focused on the job they were doing.

A mate of ours did that with his fencing job on a similar sort of terrain and one guy spent 2 weeks pretty much ignoring all safety procedures, wore sneakers not boots, refused to wear gloves etc, wouldn't work but with his mentor (or whatever they call them) from Centerlink checking on him daily kept turning up to get paid. In the end the prick came off the quad bike hooning around when he was asked to do something and the mate has ended up with the medical bill because despite the idiocy it happened on his farm.

Our farms are fully insured for any workers but there is no way were were putting up with shit like that so we only considered those who actually wanted to work but the mountain goat country really scared some people off. We're spending well over $30K on this fencing job so we don't want to do things by halves or have idiots screw it up for us.

Sometime around Chrissie/New Year (maybe towards Feb) we are going to have another fencing job on which will be a bit smaller and not quite as hilly, if we decide to hire workers I'll let you or your son know and see what we can do. Biggest problem will be accommodation, the closet accom is about 40ks away, but if it comes off I'll come up with some options so you can see if it's worth while for the money.

Latest posts

Back