low range without locking front hubs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushpig2012

Reaction score
Hi all
Can I use low range without locking front hubs. I had a incident recently where I was towing my caravan and needed to go up a steep ramp. Really struggled in 2H and wondered if I could use 4L without locking hubs. I was worried about damaging front end.
Cheers

Yes you can -- at least for short little runs like driveways and boat ramps.

Did it today to put the camper trailer back in the garage, driveways a bit steep and it takes alot of strain off the clutch, reduces wheel spin in the wet too !!

I did it yesterday to reverse my track car that is on the steel tandem up the driveway. You don't need to accelerate you can just clutch back and it doesn't struggle one bit!! And it's good for doing slow manoeuvres with the trailer,
My driveway is narrow as hahaha

I do it every morning and every evening with my work trailer, my driveway is very steep and requires me to be on full lock all the way out, moved into this house about 6 months ago and have had no problems yet, I dont really have a choice about it as 2 high does not have enough power to pull the trailer up. Id be buggered with auto locking hubs, I wonder what the d40 manual owners do?

I do it every morning and every evening with my work trailer, my driveway is very steep and requires me to be on full lock all the way out, moved into this house about 6 months ago and have had no problems yet, I dont really have a choice about it as 2 high does not have enough power to pull the trailer up. Id be buggered with auto locking hubs, I wonder what the d40 manual owners do?

they get out and push also....hahaha

Back