Low Torque

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nuts

Reaction score
hi all, newbie here
i own a 2008 STR D22 with the 2.5L turbo diesel intercooled engine. It runs a CA39 diff ratio. Currently i'm finding this lacking in down low power and find myself in low gear while my mates in their luxy's cruise in high 4.
I am soon to be adding a chip to get a little more grunt but would also like to know if maybe different diff ratio's might be a suitable change for better power down low. i have had a 3L turbo diesel Navara before this one and was never left wanting with it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Nuts

hey nuts,

have you done the egr block? this will give you lil more(not alot) low down torque and turbo should boost a lil earlier.

i have the 09 2.5L and never really need to gear down at all. only rarely have i been caught needing to gear down to finish a hill. even then its from slowing down behind trucks on hills etc. a chip will fix this problem and i would recommend the ChipIt chip as it custom tuned etc.

i havn't done the egr block. not really too sure about it because i don't really know much about it. what does it entail?
And thanks for the thoughts on which chip. with so many out there i was entirely unsure of which route to take

i havn't done the egr block. not really too sure about it because i don't really know much about it. what does it entail?
And thanks for the thoughts on which chip. with so many out there i was entirely unsure of which route to take

personally i wouldn't be changing the diff ratio.
i would first do the chip and an exhaust to get more torque.
then if you are still not happy, i would look at the transfer case gearing (crawler gears) that way you will still have good highway gearing, and general travelling around wont have the nav revving its brains off.
a good person to ask about all things D22 is joshy from this forum. he has the D22 that has been through major modifications. he played around with the nav transfer before he got really excited and chopped it up to turn it into a comp truck. so he will be able to give you all the info you need.

the market for chips is really confusing. so many to choose form but they all do the same thing. the chipit chip comes with a cd of custom tunes you can load urself and get what you want. i willl be getting mine done by a chipit person and having them dyno it and select the best tunes for my needs ie, towing/4wding(torque setting) and street driving. also as was mentioned if you havent done it get exhaust done aswell. i have mine done minus the 3"dump pipe but thats getting done in october by suncoast exhaust at noosaville.

thanks a bundle. exhaust is already done and looking forward to a little more grunt. on the road it handles beautifully already, leaving plenty of luxy's behind, just off road is on struggle street in comparison. still a very compitent 4x4 in its own right

Back