MAF sensor location??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nav04

Reaction score
gday guys.

just wondering if some kind soul out there has pics of where their sensor is located?

my Nav is an 2004 job.

any pics will be appreciated :cheers!:

ah ha....no wonder i was doing my head trying to find it :)

so neither of them need the cleaning like a Maf sensor?

Na they should be good.

Clean your air filter once a week will make more of a difference.

thanx Dave, i run a unifilter and keep up to date with the cleaning of it.

again..thanx for you help.

thanx Dave, i run a unifilter and keep up to date with the cleaning of it.

again..thanx for you help.

Howdy Dave, how are you finding the filter, i have one also and was wondering
1/ how your fuel economy is going?
2/Are you/do you oil the inner section of your filter? I haven't been but was wondering if one should? I wouldn't what do you think?
3/how often are you cleaning (conditions aside)?
I have a few sleaves and do mine every tank fill. I repositioned the air box so it's easy to do changes now..

I was told by a "diesel mechanic" that these filters can cause oil to be drawn past the seals on the intake side of the turbo?
Anyone with any thoughts on this?
I ask as the piping from post compressor to intercooler are a little "wet" with oil??? It's definitely not post side- dry as my arse with the way it's et up now, I was thinking of fitting another catch can though "the ones advertised here look the goods" as the filter does get hit with some mist ...

zd30 d22 cheers vic

Attachments

• 20150622_184622.jpg
    20150622_184622.jpg
    204.4 KB · Views: 469
I was told by a "diesel mechanic" that these filters can cause oil to be drawn past the seals on the intake side of the turbo?
no more than any other filter.
its only when its a restriction that it would do that, ie dirty air filter.

You probably won't get a reply from Dave, he sold his Nav a while back and hasn't been here for a while.

ahhh thanks Rum and Tweak'e... pic of the "mist"!

Attachments

• 20150622_174404.jpg
    20150622_174404.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 136
  • 20150622_174423.jpg
    20150622_174423.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 147
if your catch can doesn't catch the fine oil mist what happens is every time the engine stops the oil mist drifts up and out up through the air filter. over time the filter gets coated in engine oil.
i've had that with the paper filters.

I think I've hijacked this post buuuut.. I moved my filter and re routed the rocker breather through a catch-can then into the air box pre filter... it could be that oiling up the air cleaner skins and then maybe causing it to suck oil from the turbo ? I have fitted a cap to the end of the breather pipe so the mist doesn't go directly onto the filter skin.. If this doesn't help I'll fit one of those Catch cans advertised through here and that should help with what mist is coming from the 1st catch can..

pics inside- air box to turbo, dry as! looking for the inside of the airbox pics'.. I think ill start a new post hey??

Attachments

• 20150622_161230.jpg
    20150622_161230.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 58
that actually looks wet.

if you have the crank breather before the air filter then it WILL be oiling the air filter.
the problem i used to have with K&N is the oil soaks into the dust turning into mud and then it really blocks up the filter.

If your looking at the black plastic it will be wet from the filter oil on the sealing foam of the filter.. yep and that's what I thinks happening Tweak'e, I'll change them every tank fill now and wont pre oil them as much, I may even try one dry?? what do you think about dry???... I have room for it so I think i'll get that other can...

Back