manual conversion

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bambi92

Reaction score
Hey all
I'm looking at buying a d22 soon but so far have only really seen them in manual.
My question is would it be worth attempting to do a manual to auto conversion on it? is it possible to do? or would i be better off sucking up the pain for something i want.... i can drive manual but having stuffed knees is an issue.
Thanks in advance

auto's are fairly rare in a navara.
never seen one myself, heard of a couple.
i found i single reference to an auto version being made but no idea where it was sold or what spec.

i think it will depend on which navara your after. a td27 or qd32 might be the easiest. do a terrano turbo version conversion as a lot of them are auto. swap the whole engine and gearbox over. not sure about the transfer box tho.

zd30 might be tricky because the patrol/terrnao zd30 have different blocks and different bell housings. tho i understand patrol ones can be redrilled to fit.

auto's are fairly rare in a navara.
never seen one myself, heard of a couple.
i found i single reference to an auto version being made but no idea where it was sold or what spec.

i think it will depend on which navara your after. a td27 or qd32 might be the easiest. do a terrano turbo version conversion as a lot of them are auto. swap the whole engine and gearbox over. not sure about the transfer box tho.

zd30 might be tricky because the patrol/terrnao zd30 have different blocks and different bell housings. tho i understand patrol ones can be redrilled to fit.

thanks for that the one im looking at the moment is a ZD30. From the little info i've found its going to be easier to suck it up or go for a d40..

Latest posts

Back