Marine Parks.

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One thing that can change policy at least around the edges is a minority party that's not afraid to do deals. If they have done nothing else the Greens have proven this time and time again.

The problem has been (and still is) that the issues that most of us seem interested in (4 wheel driving, national parks access, state park access, camping, track closures, shooting, fishing, trail bike riding etc) haven't been represented by a single party in the same way that the Greens have done.

Whilst they fight and argue amongst themselves they generally manage to present a single front on issues, that's something that parties representing us haven't generally managed to do.

Heres how I see things... and feel free to disagree :)

The Fishing party was basically formed from a recreational angling supporter base because the founders didn't want 'their' party associated with shooters, then it further splintered when the Queensland branch broke away to form the Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party. Now I'm a fisher, I've got a tinny, I go fishing... but personally I don't agree with the we don't want anything to do with shooting attitudes of these two parties. I think there's room enough for both.

Then there's the Outdoor Recreation Party which was basically formed by people from people involved in the NSW 4 wheel drive scene whos goals I mostly agree with but it's yet another small party splitting the vote amongst 'our side' of politics (and I use that to mean people supporting the sorts of things we generally support) and they are too narrow focused to attract a large enough voting base in my opinion. Sure there are plenty of 4 wheel drive people (I'm one, if you're reading this then you're probably one too) but there are more people when you add 4 wheel drive people to fishing people to shooting people to trail bike people to outdoor camping people and people is what makes parties get seats and seats are what change laws.

The Shooters and Fishers aren't perfect but they've at least made genuine attempts to attract voters from not only Shooters (which is where they started) but also from Recreational Fishers (and they changed their name to reflect this drive) and they are increasingly working with issues around 4 wheel drive access and trail bike riding.

I think this is what's needed to effectively counter the Greens, another block of senate seats held by a party or group of similar parties who will vote as a block when it comes to outdoor recreation issues. I don't think this erosion of our rights will stop until and unless we get that representation in Canberra.

Now me? I'd love to see people voting for the Shooters and Fishers (well sure I'm a member like I said) but the simple fact is if people vote for any of the outdoors type parties in the senate, just the senate that's all that's needed then that at least gives us a chance to get someone there who's got half a clue.

It's a free country, you can do what you want, well you can for the moment anyway... until the Greens decide you can't.

http://www.shootersandfishers.org.au/

Ok...then on the flip side...why is it these minority groups get their way....isnt it cause they stand up and be counted....

its like a council will put a sign up in front of a property and an add in the paper proposed the intention for development.....1 or 2 nieghbours only put in a protest....the rest of the lazy fuckers couldnt be jacked...what happen next...12 months later there this huge fucking sihk temple with gold icecream swirl thingys all over the roof standing 20 mtr above everthing else and to top it off 5000 cars a day parked all over everyones drives, naturestrips and blocking the road...
but hey...we missed our opportunity to vito it.....too late....too bad, so sad.

Ok...then on the flip side...why is it these minority groups get their way....isnt it cause they stand up and be counted....

Well form a minority group not a majority group. Supposedly 90% of the country want the current government out or their policies reversed yet they are still there doing what they do. Minority must win in the end.

But hey I'm just here to shit stir and annoy I offer nothing of value.

thats cause they are not a wholly ALP run gov....its the minority group part of it causing the shit....weather one likes Jules or not...I bet it would be different if it was a majority ALP run gov.

I mean all the policies creating all the shit now are GREEN run policies.

So once again it's all Bob's fault! Obviously all these threads can be summed up in four words. "It's All Bob Fault"

oh cmon big fella.....dont u now take ya bat and ball home..:makeout:

I'm not going anywhere (although I do have to go out for a little while soon), I'm here to annoy and shit stir forever. I don't even have to agree on a topic to shit stir, it just happens and any annoying is really just and added bonus.

i can shorten it to one word....YEP

Dave loves himself a bit of Bob (one of those school yard crushes where you tease the person because you are too embarrassed to admit your feelings), you better watch yourself picking on the old poof.

the 'ol ...get down and lick my brown....:confused2:

or is that a bit uncouth....or maybe a bit :homo:

One thing that can change policy at least around the edges is a minority party that's not afraid to do deals. If they have done nothing else the Greens have proven this time and time again.

The problem has been (and still is) that the issues that most of us seem interested in (4 wheel driving, national parks access, state park access, camping, track closures, shooting, fishing, trail bike riding etc) haven't been represented by a single party in the same way that the Greens have done.

Whilst they fight and argue amongst themselves they generally manage to present a single front on issues, that's something that parties representing us haven't generally managed to do.

Heres how I see things... and feel free to disagree :)

The Fishing party was basically formed from a recreational angling supporter base because the founders didn't want 'their' party associated with shooters, then it further splintered when the Queensland branch broke away to form the Australian Fishing & Lifestyle Party. Now I'm a fisher, I've got a tinny, I go fishing... but personally I don't agree with the we don't want anything to do with shooting attitudes of these two parties. I think there's room enough for both.

Then there's the Outdoor Recreation Party which was basically formed by people from people involved in the NSW 4 wheel drive scene whos goals I mostly agree with but it's yet another small party splitting the vote amongst 'our side' of politics (and I use that to mean people supporting the sorts of things we generally support) and they are too narrow focused to attract a large enough voting base in my opinion. Sure there are plenty of 4 wheel drive people (I'm one, if you're reading this then you're probably one too) but there are more people when you add 4 wheel drive people to fishing people to shooting people to trail bike people to outdoor camping people and people is what makes parties get seats and seats are what change laws.

The Shooters and Fishers aren't perfect but they've at least made genuine attempts to attract voters from not only Shooters (which is where they started) but also from Recreational Fishers (and they changed their name to reflect this drive) and they are increasingly working with issues around 4 wheel drive access and trail bike riding.

I think this is what's needed to effectively counter the Greens, another block of senate seats held by a party or group of similar parties who will vote as a block when it comes to outdoor recreation issues. I don't think this erosion of our rights will stop until and unless we get that representation in Canberra.

Now me? I'd love to see people voting for the Shooters and Fishers (well sure I'm a member like I said) but the simple fact is if people vote for any of the outdoors type parties in the senate, just the senate that's all that's needed then that at least gives us a chance to get someone there who's got half a clue.

It's a free country, you can do what you want, well you can for the moment anyway... until the Greens decide you can't.

http://www.shootersandfishers.org.au/

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

Fishing and Shooting aren't my thing but I wanna see it still available to the average Joe who does like it.

As for locking our Ocean's up, fishing as it currently is would be doing jack shit.

Why can we import sea food from Thailand but not in our own oceans ?

Japan comes in our waters every year whaling, yet our Goverment does nothing.

This deal to let shooters into the National Parks to sell off the Power Station's is a joke.

What happens when these are sold off ? More tax, just the usual shit.

selling the Snowy Hydro is NOT an option. Keep ya grubby hands off ya BASTARDS.

This is what shits me, its all sell sell sell public assets.

WTF happens when there all sold by bad management from politicians.

There wont be anything left to sell, we will get taxed more and more.

I couldn't give a rats arse if they shut down every coal fired power station.

We get SFA earthquakes here, build Nuclear power stations.

As for locking our Ocean's up, fishing as it currently is would be doing jack shit.

Why can we import sea food from Thailand but not in our own oceans ?

I beg to differ on the first point ^...

second point ^....

.because its cheaper to buy seafood (abeit toxic contaminated) from thailand/asia and that most of our own seafood industry is dedicated to export....why?...$$$$$$$$$
again as i mentioned earlier...why do we have to deplete our own first class resources to feed the world and in return buy back 3rd rate shit to feed us and our industries????

Ill second that. Id be happy for all of it to stay here and be consumed here.

I heard stats the other day about fishing.

We pull 35kg out of every square km of our ocean.

Thailand and China pull 700kg.

I think that was yearly, cant remember the exact statement.

This is what shits me, its all sell sell sell public assets.

WTF happens when there all sold by bad management from politicians.

There wont be anything left to sell, we will get taxed more and more.

I couldn't give a rats arse if they shut down every coal fired power station.

We get SFA earthquakes here, build Nuclear power stations.

You may need to ask shooters and fisher party about selling public assets - they just did a dirty deal with LNP in nsw to sell electricity assets, and for what? Shooting in natioal parks.

Latest posts

Back