Matt's D22 STR from factory to now......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture296-35.jpg

Canopy frame with boxes removed. Can show some more detailed pics of particular areas if required.

very good set up - showed a lot of good planning and I like the tool box release clips. Good truck and good picture log. Thanks for sharing

Swapped over my rear LED Tail Lights to these new bad boys, personally I think there great, came with a price tag but are fully ADR. Also put on larger square LED reversing lights for better vision at night with rear camera.

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture398-led-tail-lights-reversing-lights.jpg

Also installed these Code 3 LED clear lense strobe lights which flash amber as part of one of my work contracts installing telephone lines & cabling......bit of a wank but look alright.

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture399-code-3-led-strobes.jpg

Just till I remember which switches are which, for now I have labelled them, once again another wank factor but hey.....

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture400-switch-plate.jpg

Last edited:
I think the roof lights look cute, cant really comment on the tail lights yet but i dont want to say i dont like em untill i see it in person, they do have a mean look to em though.

Fantastic truck! Reading this post just makes me miss living out in the desert. Stuck here in the UK with our stupid clogged roads...

awesome looking rig you got there matt, especially the tray. did you make the whole thing urself and did you just start with the tray and add everything on from there

G'Day Matty,
Had the tray itself made up for me with the removable bars and posts, then over time I have added everything else to it when finances have permitted, toolboxes and canopy being the expensive items......getting there slowly though.

Finally got around to installing a new horn (eBay special) Stebel Nautilus Compact 12volt Car Air Horn Black 139db. Used existing wiring from standrard horn just needed to earth new unit and upgrade Horn fuse from a 10A to a 20A as blew straight away. Started to clean up my wiring also ready for snorkel install in the near future.....

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture421-new-horn-installed-ebay-stebel-nautilus-compact-12volt-car-air-horn-black-139db.jpg

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture422-new-horn-installed-ebay-stebel-nautilus-compact-12volt-car-air-horn-black-139db.jpg

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture423-new-horn-installed-ebay-stebel-nautilus-compact-12volt-car-air-horn-black-139db.jpg

Link to audio/video file of horn.......http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9K4mJb_9nI

Last edited:
Now have the Snorkel installed
matt-vnet-pro-albums-anglesea-day-trip-vic-picture539-anglesea-9.jpg

matt-vnet-pro-albums-anglesea-day-trip-vic-picture531-anglesea-1.jpg

Next on wishlist.......Rock Sliders, Allied Wheels, Power Chip & Tigerz Winch.
Wouldn't mind the A Pillar twin gauge mounts by Autron either, an awning and a rooftop tent.......
Also would love some......the list will never end !!

Last edited:
EGR mod now completed, put in 2mm stainless blanking gasket on end of pipe/bracket on 2nd pic if anyone can confirm I have plated the correct spot that would be great........

Attachments

• P6150015.jpg
    P6150015.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 124
  • P6150016.jpg
    P6150016.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 128
  • P6150022.jpg
    P6150022.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 105
New wheels, CSA Monsters 16x7 with a +20 offset.

Attachments

• P6110016.jpg
    P6110016.jpg
    206.3 KB · Views: 181
  • P6110021.jpg
    P6110021.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 116
  • P6110022.jpg
    P6110022.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Wheels.jpg
    Wheels.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 165
Havent had a chance to actually drive it around yet, just finished it off after dinner this evening, wife out, kids in bed.....Will give it a good run tomorrow with work, so I'll have an idea if it has made a difference or not tomorrow night. Was yours noticable?

Yeah I think it was quite noticable, everyones perceptions/conclusions are different though!

Latest posts

Back