Matt's D22 STR from factory to now......

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah made a difference for sure after driving around all day today with the mod from all day yesterday without.....Worth the little time to do it for sure. Is is something that will need cleaning out now after so many km's?

Matt your D22 looks great, nice colour combo and little things that set it off. Nice work.

G'Day all,
After lots of thinking time, I am contemplating upgrading my mighty Nav....
Have been doing a lot of towing lately, the kids are getting bigger and am finding the Nav just isnt doing it for me the way I want it to. Thought about chipping and/or boost controllers but I'd rather not spend any more money on this and will still struggle with room in the back anyway. I do love it but think its time to move on.
Have a new business adventure on the go along with my current one still also.
Check it out at Fun Farm 2 U - A Unique Mobile Animal Farm Experience, hence the towing.

1. I am trying to work out a decent and reasonable value on my Nav D22 as is with everything? Or to take of some extras and sell? Any valuations appreciated.
2. To upgrade to a late model D40 or Patrol, I really like the late model ST-L Patrols.........

Any feedback would be greeat !!

You're going to forever smell like goat and cow shit...that's not really helpful feedback but it's true, the back of my ute stinks for days after I've had animals in it or been handling the animals at the farm.

The mini goats & calves I can handle its the piglets & their shit that stinks !!

Good luck Matt.

Either the Patrol or D40 will do the job.

If I was to consider a D40, Id seriously consider the VQ40DE powered STX.

If you want towing power get one of these, you'll have no problems pulling mini goats and calves around.

ford_f650_07.jpg

There is a white one of these sitting at one of the car yard near home, I'm not sure if the guy uses it to pull his racing trailer or what because i haven't seen it on the road but I could make him an offer if you like.

Went into Nissan the other day looking at the new Patrols.
$54,000 driveaway 2010/11 ST with Bullbar, Driving Lights & Towbar.
Offered $26,500 on a trade in, which I didnt think was too unreasonable.....?

For that kind of trade in I think I'd just let Nissan have the thing too. Have they got stock of Trol's or is there a big wait on them?

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture261-15.jpg

Front Rancho RSX9000 shocks, still roughly 20mm left of bump stop with EFS torsion bars adjusted.

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture262-16.jpg

Outback recovery points.

matt-vnet-pro-albums-matt-s-d22-str-scratch-2-now-picture263-17.jpg

Had them re-powder coated in my business (VNET Pro - Data & Communication) logo coloured blue.

More pics to come soon, have a black canvas canopy that I put on, on weekends when I remove all of the boxes and ladders etc. New rear springs going on tomorrow, snorkel & Tigerz11 winch to come soon. Any other suggestions ??

Hey mate, just a question bout your recovery points, how did u go about installing them? where are they mounted? and have you used the two holes on the factory bar for recovery? cheers mate

Nav is the last of the 09 Jap built models.
Yeah was pretty happy with the trade in price, Patrols in stock so only up to a week wait. Can still remove some of the after market accessories that aren't really noticable or would alter ute visually and sell myself to get a little more cash in the pocket too. Seriously considering it now.

Hey mate, just a question bout your recovery points, how did u go about installing them? where are they mounted? and have you used the two holes on the factory bar for recovery? cheers mate

Used existing threaded holes underneath chassis rails for mounting them, easy install. M12 bolts from memory. Did try using the two factory holes for recovery at one stage, no good though, bent one them pulling on slight angle.

Righto well thought I would stick the ute on the net for sale to see what response I got, put it on Carsales & Trading Post around 3 days ago, had 3 buyers ring within 24 hrs of listing adds, had 2 offers, and have since sold today . . . . . .so my mighty Nav is gone.

Have been speaking with a few local 4WD & auto shops (ARB & AUTOCRAFT) to name a couple. All four shops I have visited have pretty much given me the same info, DONT buy a 3L Patrol, go a 100 Series Lancruiser either 4.2 Deisel or better yet a V8 on gas and possibly look at a 4.2 Patrol, but not many around for decent money or looked after?

Anyone's thoughts on the above? Considered a D40, but would prefer a wagon now with more incabin space, comfort & good offroading/towing ability.

Thanks all . . . . .

Latest posts

Back