Maxxis bighorns

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a set of 32x11.5 muddies. They work really well in the mud. Road noise is reasonable. They are a really soft compound, so they are wearing a little quicker than I thought. Would I buy them again? Yes.

Son has the 764's on his Rangie and loves them. Saw them in action at xmas and they were amazing in the mud. I was worried about the noise on mine as i do a lot of highway runs.

I used to have them in 32s on my 4runner. Road noise was ok. Did wear a bit fast. Great off road. I would buy them again though.

cant stand the white writing on the 764's its hideous

I have the 762's and they are great, little noisy on the bitumen but all muddies are.

I have had them previously and they never let me down, has these ones for 15,000kms, but thinking of selling them as I dont do much off road work and carrying the extra weight in the rear all day is going to make them wear out to early for my liking

Fitted a safari snorkel fixed the noise of the bighorns ya cant even hear them over the dirty mole sucking lol

cant stand the white writing on the 764's its hideous

I have the 762's and they are great, little noisy on the bitumen but all muddies are.

I have had them previously and they never let me down, has these ones for 15,000kms, but thinking of selling them as I dont do much off road work and carrying the extra weight in the rear all day is going to make them wear out to early for my liking

I agree the writing on the 764's is hideous. but they only have white writing on one side so you could just fit them up the other way around.

I have the 762's on my ute and i think they are great. Look good drive well in the wet and dry on road and are noisy like all muddies. but too noisy for my liking. But they are only going to get noisier as they wear.

running 31x10.5 764's
they do have a bit of noise but thats muddies, for the peace of mind you get with traction i have never complained.
Have around 1mm-1.5mm (rear) with 5k on them.
i got mine for 800 fitted so if you looking at say KM2 for 1200-1400 then i would consider them if i got 40% more wear and 40% less noise and 40% more traction.

I've got a set of 235/85/16's on d22 4 spokes.
Had them on my d21 dual cab and now on my Terrano.
Handle pretty good on the road, good grip on wet roads and
go great on the beach and excellent in the mud.
Noise ...... Yes they make noise but who cares it's worth it.

still loving mine. done 25'000km's worn 50% rear and 70% front, Ute is constantly loaded and regulary tows heavy camper trailer.

762 Bighorn, has the same case construction, load and wear rating as a BFG without the sand trap rim protector. My BFG were also slippery as shit once worn to 50%.

I have had a few sets of maxxis now on several vehicle and done all types of terrain from beach to sill bashing rock crawling and never had an issues. not even a flat tyre.

I just got a set fitted in 265/75/16 for $272/tyre fitted balance etc I live in the Newcastle area and that was by far the best price I could find! They aren't as noisy as I was expecting but I've also been told they get noisier as they wear. Bang for buck im very impressed

Latest posts

Back