Mc donalds

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stop maligning the poor Mc Donalds workers, they were only doing their job throwing out the poorly spelt ones - every so often you get a w&w and have to toss it.

Be thankful they're on the case!

Stop maligning the poor Mc Donalds workers, they were only doing their job throwing out the poorly spelt ones - every so often you get a w&w and have to toss it.

Be thankful they're on the case!

oh dear ... i expect at least half of them to be spelt wrong Tony ...

Ahhh Maccas, where did we go wrong. I'm from the first Maccas generation, as a kid in the late seventies it was the bees knees getting Maccas at Wantirna on the way home from the beach. Watching dad try to restart the Stigma with a judicious dollop of petrol down the carby after she got vapour locked. We were happy, we were eating Maccas baby. Fast forward to the don't give a fuck generation, it's not just Maccas as we all know.
Guide to any one visiting SEQ that has to get a Maccas fix. Mount Gravatt on Logan road, the best run joint i've seen in a long time. Family run i think. Makes a difference.
Victoria Point is the polar opposite, give it a very wide berth. Only place i've ever been so pissed off that i went back inside and said " do you think this is good enough?" Money back, thanks, goodbye forever. Maybe that was just my metamorphosis to the grumpy old man stage of life.

Family run i think. Makes a difference.

Long before competition like HJ's came this way our local Macca's used to be family run, the same family owned all the Macca's stores along the Princess highway from about Warrigul to Bairnsdale. Can't say we got any better treatment out of the "family" owned business but they certainly got a good treatment from their mini monopoly.

Now HJ's is following in their footsteps with one family (who already owns half of one of the towns) having the franchise rights for all the new HJ's in the area. It's a pity I don't like HJ's more since most of the meals I get there are free.

That's a bit unfair, they learnt how to use EFTpos machines to sell burgers surely they can learn to be sell the same burgers with a fake smile on their face.

Its a service industry operated by 16 year old's, we can't expect too much haha.

I'm old enough to have been eating Maccas in the 70's when they weren't on every street corner and the service you got in them was excellent. They'd clean spills straight away, they were generally quick and efficient and they didn't tend to stuff up your order or your change.

They teenagers working in Maccas back then were on entry level wages which in real dollar terms were no higher than the teenagers are now, it was the attitude and the skill level that was different not the working envirnoment as such.

Gen Y... says it all really (and yes there are exceptions, but these days they are the exception and they used to be the majority).

I popped down to Karratha the other day and got a cheese burger meal as a snack for the 40 min drive home. After 20 min and demolishing the fries i opened up the cheeseburger. To my disgust and disappointment i discoverd my cheeseburger was exactly that, just chesse. No pickle and no meat. I was ropable and the misses took the piss out of me until we got home. Wasn't happy.

Back