Melbourne Sat 8th Wombat forest Newbies and others

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aido

Reaction score
Looking to go somewhere on the 8th.
Anyone free and interested in selecting low range then post up.
We'll work out the location and the details as we go :victory:

Last edited:
Didn't realize it was Mothers day on the Sunday.......I am a bastard child afterall.
So Sat only because I know that I have duties to visit 2 of them on the Sunday.

How do you edit the topic tag?

Sly
We do what is suitable.
We are not "Hardcore". All vehicles have to be driven home and to work on Monday.
All tracks are at your discretion. We generally just tour about taking in the sights and having delights.
Simply just a fun day out in the bush.

Well Ian is a Hmmmm
and Sly is a maybe - dependant on the handbrake's decision.
What about Bunyip starting in Cockatoo?
Unless anyone else sticks their hand up from out west and maybe we look at Big River or Toolangi.
Got a mate with a comp truck itching to get going again on that weekend too - he broke it week before last at Aberfeldy Nav run. If its mobile he will come along to provide entertainment and "joy rides"

What time are you leaving and coming back ??? i have my brother-in-laws bucks on the
8th so i am a maybe.

Well what about we make it a gentle get to know you run instead of a full day, knackered when you get home full day out like we have been doing.
To that end I suggest maybe a Wombat forest tour. I can point y'all towards some easy going introductory hill climbs and decents, some mud and a few historical sites.
Wombat is 45mins from the CBD and we can cover most of the good bits in under 4 hrs.
Meet up at 10am and be headed towards home by 14:00ish.
thoughts?

Aido dont do a special trip for me im stil not sure what time i have to be they ill find out more detail next week and ill let you know.

I am heading out this wekend hopefully, but have to work on the 8th and 9th, so I wont be able to make it unfortunatly.

Ok then.
Bump this thread a little.
For those that have not either been to Wombat / Lerderderg or for those that are wanting to get their Nav a little bit dirty and do it safely and without carnage then this one is for you.
Departing Bullengarook at 10 am for some mild to medium 4x4 action. A few small rocky hill climbs and descents that will get the sphincter twitching but are completely safe. Mud pits ranging from 6" to 6' your choice( mud guaranteed ) and finishing up at about 14:00 with some historic sites thrown in.
Get out and meet one another and have some fun in the bush. BYO sangas and bread rolls for lunch at Firth Park. Bring the missus and kids. Most of all bring some enthusiasm.
If no-one is interested then I'm going for a surf so either way I am going to have a good day.

I'm dying to come but I work both weekend days 10-5.30. I'll have to take a day off sometime about a month from now so I can get out on one of these trips.

Anybody work for themselves? A wednesday run would be easy for me.

I'm dying to come but I work both weekend days 10-5.30. I'll have to take a day off sometime about a month from now so I can get out on one of these trips.

Anybody work for themselves? A wednesday run would be easy for me.

Nominate your Wednesday and I'll nominate a sickie :big_smile:

Aido I'm local, so in the future I'll deffiantly be keen to tag along and meet a few of you guys, but unfortunately i learnt the hard way on my first 4wd trip, my stock as a rock D40 wasn't up to the challenges of 4w4ing, so as soon as i get a few mods im in.

Aido I'm local, so in the future I'll deffiantly be keen to tag along and meet a few of you guys, but unfortunately i learnt the hard way on my first 4wd trip, my stock as a rock D40 wasn't up to the challenges of 4w4ing, so as soon as i get a few mods im in.
:stop::stop:No mods required.
I had ours out there with only 1500kms on the clock straight off the boat. Still no serious mods. Standard height still.
Ok so I have a snorkel, winch, and some tyres that are a little bit more serious than the standard duelers now but they are only there because of natural progression.
Get out there and have some fun. Don't feel that you have to have 35's, lockers and rock sliders just because Bore wheel drive action tell you they are a must.
See ya there. 10 o'clock Bullengarook cnr Coffeys lane. You wont regret it. :victory:

Thanks for the invite,
sounds like a great day out and not to heavy workout for me and the nav,
though will be working sat and mothers day sun.

Have a great day anyway.

Latest posts

Back