modifying my ironman bashplates to fit nissan bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pirate

Reaction score
Hi Guys
Before i started this i was searching for info and pics of someone who had done this before but there wasnt much out there, so for those who might be doing this in the future this is how I modded my front Ironman plate to fit around my recovery points and nissan bar.

In these pics i have already cut out some sections where my recovery points protrude on the sides, also cut off the wings so i could bend the plate so it will mate up with the small plate running off my bull bar

Attachments

• IMG_2138.jpg
    IMG_2138.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_2139.jpg
    IMG_2139.jpg
    212.8 KB · Views: 147
There were two threaded metal tabs that were supposed to be used in the mounting of the plate if there was no bar, i welded these to the back of the small plate that comes with the bull bar so i could run bolts through it and also drilled holes in line with the mounting bolts for the small plate so it will hold my ironman plate as well, i also then welded the wings back on and voila looks like a bought one!

hopefully this might be able to help someone thinking about going down the same road $242 for the plate and $20 to get it bent the rest i cut and welded myself.

Attachments

• IMG_2141.jpg
    IMG_2141.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_2142.jpg
    IMG_2142.jpg
    211.2 KB · Views: 168
yeah thats what im going to do next, only thing is one hole saw bit for steel
is around 50 bucks!

yeah thats what im going to do next, only thing is one hole saw bit for steel
is around 50 bucks!

How big do you want to make it? I have a 90mm one from when I did my snorkel you can probably use.....

Hey, just make sure that the access panel is far enough forward for when the oil comes out of the sump (angle of the sump plug hole makes it shoot forward) I made my access panel about 150mm x 180mm gives me plenty of room to swing a spanner or ratchet but if I don't use a funnel to catch the oil it ends up coming out both sides of the bash plate.

Thanks for the offer bods, i think ill just use a gas axe and make a hole, good point mal id love to get one of those tap style sump plugs and just have a hose coming to the hole in the plate.

Latest posts

Back