Moody D22 and revs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodge

Reaction score
It's almost a year since i scored my new D22. As much as i enjoy it, i'm slowly beginning to question it's power. But it could be just me... and i hope it is.

I definitely compare it to the wifes's mood swings. Some days i'll just tickle the throttle and it'll shoot of like a rocket in most gears, other times she just doesn't want to play ball. Now this has no pattern in terms of weather hot/cold or fuel for that matter as it happens no matter what circumstances. I'm not concerned...Well maybe a little. Is this usual, or could there be something hindering and triggering it's mood swings in terms of power ??

While i'm at it, just out of curiosity, and this might be a general question but, at what revs do you people cruise in these things? I'm not a heavy footer, so my nav rarely sees 3k+ on the taco. If i plant it sometimes, i'm on the borderline of causing a pile-up behind me due to the smoke screen. A diesel mechanic i spoke to recently mentioned that the common rails are somewhat designed to rev high. Am i being too soft on the girl or.... ? :idea:

try the egr block (search ,heaps or info and step by step with pics)
it will help with smoke and will free up the power a bit
then a snorkell and exhaust upgrade
remember the d22 is detuned so as not to upset the higher output d40's
there is a lot of extra power avaliable
i rarely rev mine any harder than 3800, no point as torque drops away at 3800
cheers
sparra

Thanks mate. Already got the snorkel, and i thought about the EGR mod. Still pretty new to it, so i'll look up some guides and do a bit of search as you mentioned. Also after the suspension upgrade and tyres i'm definitely throwing on a better exhaust system so i guess, that will help a bit.

Latest posts

Back