Mounting light bar to sports bar

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smithbro

Reaction score
If its going to be a permanent thing I'd be more inclined to drill through the bar and bolt it to it directly. Just get bolts long enough to go all the way through... Whatever you get to try and clamp on are all going to be pretty similar to those anyway...

If its going to be a permanent thing I'd be more inclined to drill through the bar and bolt it to it directly. Just get bolts long enough to go all the way through... Whatever you get to try and clamp on are all going to be pretty similar to those anyway...

Not keen on drilling holes into shit, if I can get a bracket. Looks like I'll be using UHF type mounts :)

Build your own, i made a pair for my spotties and all i did was grab some plate steel and bend it to a steel pipe ot the same diamater, (works better if you can heat it), then drill through and bolt each end together and wallah!. Just leave one side longer so you can mount the bar mounts to it. hope that makes sense.

Build your own, i made a pair for my spotties and all i did was grab some plate steel and bend it to a steel pipe ot the same diamater, (works better if you can heat it), then drill through and bolt each end together and wallah!. Just leave one side longer so you can mount the bar mounts to it. hope that makes sense.

It does. I just bought a vice today too. Just doubt my abilities to make something that will clamp down onto a round tube properly.....

Are you planning on removing the bar any time soon? If not, take it to a metal fab or auto body builder shop and get them to tig a couple of alloy brackets to the back of it at the right spacing for your light bar. Probably cheaper than buying brackets and at least it will be a lot stronger......

Looking at a GME wrap around bracket for Anetnnas are about from $50 up. I put them on bull bars and roll/sports bars all the time. I normally charge$20 each or two for a box of great northerns! The tabs are just a piece of flat alum with a hole in it with rounded off corners.

So most blokes will charge you bugger all.

Ive temp mounted my 42' light bar with those gme stainless brackets..wouldnt go over corrigations but it sorta works for now

Check out my ad in the for sale part of this site I bought some alloy ones but are too big they would fit the sports bar though as they are 3".

Not really, bit those nutserts as mentioned above will be. They are similar to a rivet except have a thread on the inside for screwing a bolt into...

Its not the around that you need to measure, its the diameter across it... Or you could take your around measurement and divide it by roughly 3.141...... Someone on here had a set similar they were getting rid of not long ago cause they wouldn't fit his bullbar, they will fit the sports bar though, I think you'll find it is 3" diameter...

finally got my bar mounted.

Used 6m nutserts and ran the wiring down the centre of the sportsbar.

Works pretty well

Attachments

• IMG_3121.jpg
    IMG_3121.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3122.jpg
    IMG_3122.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 124
  • IMG_3124.jpg
    IMG_3124.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 123

Latest posts