Moving to Bamaga for 2-3yr's

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sunny Coaster

Reaction score
As the title states my partner and I will be moving to the tip of QLD to live in Bamaga for 2-3yr's as my partner has just been offered a job as a teacher.
Really looking forward to the change in lifestyle and both me and the misses love camping and fishing so we are definitely going to be in the right spot.
Really hoping the NAV is up for the extra abuse that may be thrown at it.
I've been pondering for a while now about selling for a 4.2td GU wagon but can't bring myself to do it as I have spent so much on the Nav.
Any body thats been up that way want to mention some mods that may come in handy..?

The nav will be right, id say yiu will have a blast up there, you will just have to get used to cape york time! And your brothers bros & bras !

Bryan

2+2, snorkel, chip, exhaust, muddies, sliders, roof rack, gauges and heaps more are already done..... Was thinking of changing the alloy bullbar to a steel bar and getting my 42" light bar and uhf wired up and possibly a front auto lokka and winch
Also getting a fridge soon but looks like it will live on the back seat as i dont have a canopy.
Cheers Bryan, look forward to meeting the locals haha

I wouldn't worry about crocodiles. Pick someone in parliament, tell them that there's a brown paper bag with $10K in it at whatever location you're heading to and sit back while they get there first (and they will). If they come back out with a really annoyed look on their face, there aren't any crocs. If they don't come back out ... BONUS x2: not only did you discover that there are crocs about, but you helped clean up Australia.

I spent a bit of time up there about 20 years ago.
Did the drive in a series 3 landrover. (Army)
If you have fishing rods, I suggest you install a boat.

A canopy would be great but they are impossible to find second hand and I cant justify the 2g price tag for a new 1. I bought a new boat at the start of the yr and love my fishing so the wknds should be well spent. It will be interesting to see what jobs are available for me up there as I am not trade qualified but after looking after my partner through her Uni degree maybe I can just travel the Cape while she works.

With the canopy mate have you thought about a removable vinyl type with another sports bar at the rear?. All you need is a fabricator to bend a strip from the front to the rear about $70 in alloy. The vinyl is about $500 depending on your choice of zips. You can remove it in 10mins.
John

sounds like a good idea HJ, My brother is a welder and might even look into him building a basic steel tray with the front half inclosed with a checker box with gulwing doors on the side for the fridge..... to many options

For bamaga you will need a good stereo and a set of chrome stacks if you want to fit in lol. Was there last week for work.

For a fishing and camping spot you should try pattersons creek, there is a few crocs that will eyeball you but they are only small.

Id rather skip the stacks and keep to myself haha.... I have had a custom tray built and powder coated, just need to install the lights.... Put a steel winch bar and runva winch on tonight and have the lokka sitting there and ready to go in, have also bought a roof top tent so just need to build the canopy now

Latest posts

Back