MRP's 2013 D40....It begins!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MRP

Reaction score
Hey guys!
Well I've just taken delivery of my New 2013 Navara so I thought it was only right to get a build up going! Ive been around the 4WD world since i fist got my L's and have been loving it ever since. Until now i've been driving a GQ Patrol. After having the demo from the dealer for 24hrs i fell in love with it hey! So I'm very happy to now have it!

Heres a quick snap of my patrol and a link to my build up (22 Pages) on PATROL4X4.com for anyone that is interested more.

http://www.patrol4x4.com/forum/members-nissan-patrols-19/nissan-kids-gq-build-30716/

dfd67b47.jpg

And here's the new beast!
Picked it up from Unley Nissan on Thursday night so I haven't done a lot to it yet. But I have a few plans. So far:
-black sports bar
-bonnet protector
-dash mat, floor mats ect
-Cooper STMAXX 265/70 r17
-iCOM UHF, not a full install yet but will when I have a bar...hence the magnetic arial.

Further plans
-ARB Sahara Bar
-Hella 4000s 100W HID
-Rear bar
-Snorkel
-lift

Enough talk here's some pics......

Taking Delivery

363e11e3a8cb3a73e6739d3f135b6ad7.jpg

Cheers

dam... thats a nice trol its a shame to get rid of it for a D40 lol.

anyway welcome to navara ownership, hope you get many years out of your new toy.

not sure if 26570r17 will fit without lift. it might scrub with flex or turn turns. welcome joining d40 club
Thanks mate!

They seem alright so far, no dramas with Turing but I haven't flexed it up much so yeah. Ill probably do lift and bar at the same time so should be no problems then.

dam... thats a nice trol its a shame to get rid of it for a D40 lol.

anyway welcome to navara ownership, hope you get many years out of your new toy.
Thanks man, yeah I was a bit sad to see it go but I'm very happy with the Nav so far it's a hell of a lot more comfortable to drive not to mention the running cost!

Well you got the right color , and good start with the cooper st maxx and the black sports bar too

Thanks mate!

They seem alright so far, no dramas with Turing but I haven't flexed it up much so yeah. Ill probably do lift and bar at the same time so should be no problems then.

i lost almost 40mm height with winch,bar and spotty at the front. but gained 80mm after suspension ;p
anyway looks nice man. enjoy d40

Looking good! Time to get it dirty though..

How'd the tyres go on the drive over?

Cheers DJK! When I get back to Adelaide we'll go find some mud!

Yeah rad! Dot even notice them, wound it up to 130km still no noise and felt stable! You need a set!

Welcome mrp a good lift and a few other small tweaks and it will nearly go all the place's your troll did lol

Yeah I've been reading that and having a look at your build.
How are you finding the coopers?

Thanks buddy!

it great on dirt road.. grips really nicely also I find bit more stable corners on road as well.
however I feel like it requires longer distance to stop. alot quiter than I thought on highway as well.. I do have quite people around me who has st maxx and it stands up with reputation as heavy duty a/t tyres

Nothing much has happen the last few days, Had its first service the other day. Still undecided on what bar to run. Im thinking of doing suspension first though.

Heres a few more pics of my Navara....Im a bit of a photo whore so yeah haha

2 Days old

Hanging out over Adelaide

And again

Cheers

nice picz... does it feels like you lost torque with bigger tyre??

Well the tyres went of after having it for 200kms so if it has lost any I haven't noticed. I'm warped with the power and torque it's got though......3rd gear pulls feel so good!!!! Haha

i run the same size tyres on mine (2 inch ome lift) and i've always been very happy with the power!
being able to overtake a road train which is an almost daily basis up here without having to change down from 6th and still overtaking in good time is a nice feeling!

Well the tyres went of after having it for 200kms so if it has lost any I haven't noticed. I'm warped with the power and torque it's got though......3rd gear pulls feel so good!!!! Haha

i found the issue. .it was actually my egr blanking plate. it has been rectified with some silicone gaskets. it as leaking small bit of pressure.
since i done tyre and blanking at similar time i thought it was my bigger tyre causing the issue but it wasn't ;p

i run the same size tyres on mine (2 inch ome lift) and i've always been very happy with the power!
being able to overtake a road train which is an almost daily basis up here without having to change down from 6th and still overtaking in good time is a nice feeling!
Yeah true hey, such a good feeling!

Latest posts

Back