Mud flaps D22

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i reckon after market would be the go i just havent got around to it yet

The standard ones are just hard plastic, mine is split vertically, might of been from a jump up or river crossing, would you know any company's that make after market ones? I live in the pilbra so its not like I can just race around town looking for a manufacture lol, any info would be appreciated ;)

I ripped mine off in the first week of owning my nav, so i replaced mine with some insertion rubber from clark rubber and put some chains on them, this was a much cheaper option then replacing them with more hard hard plastic ones, that would have probably been ripped off again since then

I ripped mine off in the first week of owning my nav, so i replaced mine with some insertion rubber from clark rubber and put some chains on them, this was a much cheaper option then replacing them with more hard hard plastic ones, that would have probably been ripped off again since then

Nice, do you have any photos? That is a good idea, I could use the top bit of the existing mudflap as the top frame and maybe screw on some of that insertion rubber to hang down off the top part of the existing mudflap?

That would be easiest. Just make sure you get the stuff with the reinforcing webbing inside. If you just get plain rubber it will eventually perish and fall apart. As well ad that it will tear off if it gets caught on anything.

That would be easiest. Just make sure you get the stuff with the reinforcing webbing inside. If you just get plain rubber it will eventually perish and fall apart. As well ad that it will tear off if it gets caught on anything.

Yer ill have to give them a call and see what they got, will do all 4 and post pics and that when done, these plastic things are useless lol

Nissan charged me something like $130 for 1 Fookers!

I have already emailed parts in Perth to see what they come back with, I was reading in here about quotes for a 2005 model at $200 plus, pick up, I will feed back what they quote on here, no way I will pay over $50 for a new one hey ;)

As requested pics of the mud flaps these were kinda quickly made, i always had the intention of re-visiting these but never got their, They do the job which is the main thing.

Josh

Attachments

• D22 Mud Flap Top Shot.jpg
    D22 Mud Flap Top Shot.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 484
  • D22 Mud Flap Side Shot.jpg
    D22 Mud Flap Side Shot.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 847
  • D22 Chain Hanger.jpg
    D22 Chain Hanger.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 437
Another good option, seeing you're up north, is conveyor belt rubber. Its pretty hard core thickness wise so will be very strong, reinforced, etc so no probs there. I managed to score some of that when I was up there for the patrol I had at the time.

As requested pics of the mud flaps these were kinda quickly made, i always had the intention of re-visiting these but never got their, They do the job which is the main thing.

Josh

Cheers for that, yes they look good like that, nice and neat, yours is the same colour as mine as well ;)

Another good option, seeing you're up north, is conveyor belt rubber. Its pretty hard core thickness wise so will be very strong, reinforced, etc so no probs there. I managed to score some of that when I was up there for the patrol I had at the time.

Yer there a lot around but they wont let me have it as it is a conflict of interest or some Bull lol, so I need to order some which is cool, I can make up replacements that will screw straight on ;)

Have tried conveyor belt mud flaps and it was to stiff, would have done more damage than anything, also gave rubber lining a shot but the pinkish red looked rather gay. I just bought some universal flaps and attached some small garden chain to it, looks good and moves enough to stop it from ripping off. No drama's yet!

DSC_0068_zpsc61f8c21.jpg

Brett

Last edited:
you can buy "CAT" mud flaps from a CAT reseller
(Hastings Deering) for 12-14 bucks each. I used them on my Jeep. Fantastic Mud flap.

Latest posts

Back