Muddies wearing Quick

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt c

Reaction score
Hi all im running BFG Muddies 245 75/16 have only doesn 10 000 on them but a mate has a landcruiser with 32/11.5/15 and hes done 40 000 and his tread is better then mine. Any thoughts

Had wheel alignment recently ? Checked wheel bearings also and how hard / what surface do you drive on in comparison and hwy Kay's city Kay's or a mix, there are lots of factors that change how they wear also what pressure do you run them at.

Also what do you mean by wearing as in chamfered or chipping or just general tread were?

Thanks guys just more increase in wear then I thought and in comparison to my mate with the cruiser. My utes a tray back what sort of pressures should be in them

don,t expect to get great K,s for Mud Tires as there both a chunky tread plus a soft rubber compound. Mud for Mud use not good for road use.

Yeah I wasn't really it was only that I saw my mates muddies on his cruiser, I think lookin at his he will get 80 000 out his mine I'm thinkin only about 50

I run mine @ 45
I got 70K out of the last set. 60% city, 20% Hwy 20% offroad. They wear quick at the start but then slow down considerably.

Ok thanks mate I might pump a bit more air into them what size are yours

I run mine @ 45
I got 70K out of the last set. 60% city, 20% Hwy 20% offroad. They wear quick at the start but then slow down considerably.

that sounds a bit high to me. but if its working for u then maybe not.

I was at 40 for a while and now at 37. Any lower and you will find uneven wear on road..
Im at 40k and just under 50% left

Went to the tyre place yesterday arvo he reckons I should run 38 in the front and 34 in the rear?

thanks fellas I have pumped a bit more air into mine see how that goes for a while, would the quick wearing have anything to do with them being a 245 there reasonably skinny compared to a 265?

Latest posts

Back