Murray Sunset & Mungo NP Trip

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mgermasi

Reaction score
We are going on a trip to the Murray Sunset and Mungo NP

Dates are:
Leaving 20-21/9/13
Returning 28/9/13

School Holiday
Family friendly
Camper Trailer Friendly
Off road touring
Dry = Easy
Wet = Medium

If interested send me a PM and we'll send all detailed info

I'll keep bumping this post for the next couple of weeks.

Hope to see you there

Pink Lakes
Mallee-Highway-pink-lakes.jpg

Mungo
bg-masthead-05.jpg

Cheers
Max

Mungo is beautiful. We did the 70-odd km self-drive tour, climbed the dunes, saw the goat trap, drank it all in. Loved it. Ring the ranger to determine which is the better road in - when we went (Christmas 2012) the ranger told us the road from Balranald was better and it was - we could easily maintain 90+km/h on the dirt with the van behind us.

pink lakes, Crosbie think it was, just above Underbool, awesome part of the world to wake up in. made a brew n dragged the misses outta bed for sunrise, walked directly across the pan from the camping area, the silence was deafening. will be back up that way in a couple weeks for a Wyperfeld and Border Trk run. you enjoy yourselves

We are going on a trip to the Murray Sunset and Mungo NP

Dates are:
Leaving 20-21/9/13
Returning 28/9/13

School Holiday
Family friendly
Camper Trailer Friendly
Off road touring
Dry = Easy
Wet = Medium

If interested send me a PM and we'll send all detailed info

I'll keep bumping this post for the next couple of weeks.

Hope to see you there

Pink Lakes
View attachment 12326

Mungo
View attachment 12325

Cheers
Max

We were suppose to have made the trip out to Mongo NP, then onto Adelaide, Great Ocean Road, Melbourne and back home this past month, but due to being shafted onto another Shift at the end of April, and being re-assigned onto a New Leave Group that starts next month, all our plans went to shit.

October is Government Reporting time of year for my wife’s organisation, and her being the Manager . . . no way she could get time off, so all our plans went down the drain.

The up side, well the money saved for the Mongo NP trip, well it just paid for the Ducted Air Con installed into the house 2 weeks ago, and our 4 New Year Family Catch-up is all paid for now

ONE more day to go!

Fridge is on, water is in, inverter is in, the bag is on the roof rack already. Tomorrow piss off early go home swap the working tools for the camping gear and we take off!

Let's hope to beat the MCG traffic....

Enjoy the journey!

I wish I could go, but although I can get time off work I have other things that I can't avoid so all I can do is wish ... and hope you have fun.

Watch the emus around the self-drive tour @ Mungo. Had a couple play chicken with us - and I have it on video. If you do the self-drive tour, do NOT tow anything, but DO take water, large shady hats and wear sunscreen. There's a beaut walk up a sand dune to the top of the wall.

cant go but enjoy murray sunset.. ive stayed at the shearers hut a few times and some good dune driving in there but can be pretty isolated so make sure u stay safe and or have some supplies with you just in case

We are back!
Pictures are coming soon (tons of pics)
Very interesting trip. A lot to see, to learn and to appreciate about this country.
Here is the Route
Mungo Trip.JPG

Latest posts

Back