Music when 4x4ing

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karl

Reaction score
Just somthing differnt, What do you guys listen to whilst out in the middle of the bush?

If the missus allows it ill be playing metal as loud as can be. Other then that just rock and crap. Just helps the nerves on those big hills!

Generally for me it's metal/thrash in the city and suburbs as it makes me less agro towards all the other idiots on the road. In rural areas or in the bush I can listen to just about anything else other than dance music or rap.

My missues doesn't usually care whats on the stereo as long as she gets to listen to her favorites once in a while.

I like Country, but as above the wife doesn't 'appreciate' it but puts up with it. I have an ipod connected with quite a few thousand songs, I will listen to most stuff.

Bring on the AC/DC concert in February!

I like Country, but as above the wife doesn't 'appreciate' it but puts up with it. I have an ipod connected with quite a few thousand songs, I will listen to most stuff.

Bring on the AC/DC concert in February!

You're kidding a wife that doesn't appreciate country, my wife is the reason I started listening to country music. I thought it was par for the course that they all liked country music. (expect for those ones that only listen to top 40 of course)

Yeah I know, it's a shame. And you were spot on, she loves top 40.

I've actually got her to admit she likes Brad Paisley, caught her foot tapping a few times ha ha.

hehe thankfully mines not into much top 40 and she generally knows when new stuff is coming out before me.

Can't go wrong with songs like "I'm Gunna Miss Her" and "Mud On The Tyres" Fishing and 4x4ing what else do we need....Oh yeah a missus with a sense of humour in you take the first one too literal.

LOVE modern country. Brad Paisley is a good listen anytime, but I'm also a fan of Steve Forde, Adam Brand... Got the new album by Billy Ray Cyrus and I have to say, it is not too bad at all.

I tend to pump up the tunes a little when whipping along fast trails, but as soon as the going gets rough - music goes off. Can't listen to what the vehicle and the track is "telling" me if the music is going.

well the head unit is blown, so all i get to listen to is the sweet tune of the big exhaust :big_smile:

A bit of everything Techno/metal modern day crap, but i do like old school metallica and def leppard. Funnily enough on camping trips i bring along Creedence Clearwater Revival, you know, do do do looking out my back door or, i see the bad moon rising!
Great stuff, always gets me pumped to go camping.

Well for me, and since i have tinkered/ pulled down/machined and rebuilt all sorts of engines for the past 35 years,
when driving in the bush i like nothing better than to listen to that sweet sounding oil burner chugging along. (WITHOUT the aid of 2stroke oil).

But generally on the bitumen depending on mood, I'll have on either (yes am getting old) 3aw or abc
or for music will put on Gold 104FM in Melb or around home 3bo FM.

Other than that if in the mood and driving long distance on the hwy I'll put on my fave old 70's & 80's metal or my other love, 60's, 70's and 80's OZ rock....
nothing else matters.

And for the record,
country, techno, house, drug fkd music or anything not above is STRICTLY FORBIDDEN in my house, car or near me.

If I'm in range I listen to TripleJ, if not, on goes the 'tool'.

These days listening too Tool on the road you get the added bonus of a live film clip all around you thanks too all the other tools on the road.

I would have thought someone would have said; "i like both kinds of music, Country and Western".
For me it's the J's when in range, otherwise (latley) i'll go with something like Birds of Tokyo, Kasabian, Temper Trap or Muse. But when in the bush i'm tuned into ZD30.

I would have thought someone would have said; "i like both kinds of music, Country and Western".
For me it's the J's when in range, otherwise (latley) i'll go with something like Birds of Tokyo, Kasabian, Temper Trap or Muse. But when in the bush i'm tuned into ZD30.

i love the blues brothers!

Depends on the day, sometimes abit of Slim and sometimes Tim Mcgraw and Brad Paisley.

Dave.

Yeah I rate Tim McGraw as well, have 3 of his albums.

Must get some John Williamson, specially with Aus Day coming up.

Last weekend I had Johnny Cash Live from Folsom Prison, Kyuss , Ministry, Bad religion, Primus and Tom Waites.

Yeah I rate Tim McGraw as well, have 3 of his albums.

Dunno why but for some reason his music just doesn't work for me, the missus has all his cd's and I am nice enough to let her listen to them in the car but I still haven't managed to find what it is that makes him so popular.

Apart from Brad Paisley and Brooks and Dunn I usually listen to Aussie country music especially the likes of Slim and Travis Sinclair but that could be cause their songs are a little bit more road related and they kind of feel right when your behind the wheel.

Apart from Brad Paisley and Brooks and Dunn I usually listen to Aussie country music especially the likes of Slim and Travis Sinclair but that could be cause their songs are a little bit more road related and they kind of feel right when your behind the wheel.

Second that, Travis Sinclair has some good stuff.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back