My 3.0 custom intake and aux battery

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan-0

Reaction score
Hey guys
I thought some of you might be interested in seeing my custom air intake and room I made for a 2nd battery.

All parts are from ebay and piping from my local exhaust shop. It cost very little and the performance and sound is great! I have a fully sealed Nissan snorkel and a K&N filter.

Get rid of the stupid pre air cleaner and take advantage of all the room
IMG_1057-1.jpg

Drill a hole for the air sensor into the air box. Air box fits right up to the snorkel mouth.
IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1058-1.jpg

The final product. Room for a full size battery. You can use the factory plate for a solid battery base. Better air flow. Great turbo sucking and whistle sound. Looks nicer then factory.
IMG_1452.jpg

Some of you may have realised I dont have the crank case vent plumbed back into the intake. Sssh, thats our secret. I have a hose running from the crank case all the way to th back of the car, exiting at the exhaust pipe.

IMG_1055.jpg

IMG_1061.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1140-1.jpg

Last edited:
Mate pull those bits of pipe out. you shouldnt have painted the inside of it paint will flake off and go through your motor over time. probly wont kill it but wont be good for it

Looks good Dan! A quick question for you - do you hve a K & N air filter (cause I saw the sticker in the first pic)? I tried to buy one at Supercrap Auto the other day cause they were on sale but they reckon K & N don't make a filter to fit the ZD30 engine. WTF? Any help would be appreciated.
Joffo

Latest posts

Back