My D22 Drawers

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Being a cabinet maker i would probably build mine first to get it right. I can tell you though that when ordering drawer runners and ply etc etc. The more ordered the cheaper i can get them for.

Na mate im just being lazy ! But you can send me the cutting list (That would be nice) :cheers!:

Hi Dave, we have just returned from 3 months touring WA with a Jayco Expanda in tow. Great trip with few problems (gas system packed up again and D-Das has gone belly up) but the drawers went very well. The only thing lacking is, I never fitted any locking arrangement on the drawers, so, when on sloping ground the drawers either wont stay open or closed depending on the slope. No big deal but something to sort out, otherwise very happy with them.

Current project is a roof console, partially built, just needs to be wired up and fitted. So many other things to be done as well. Retirement is hell. :sarcastic:

Yeah you unlucky bugger.

The way things are going, Ill have to work till I am 70 if Gillard gets her way.

Chuck up a couple of pics of your handy work when you get around to it.

What are you going to do about the Gas system ?

Yeah you unlucky bugger.

The way things are going, Ill have to work till I am 70 if Gillard gets her way.

Chuck up a couple of pics of your handy work when you get around to it.

What are you going to do about the Gas system ?

You're right mate. My wife can't retire for quite a few more years either which makes it awkward to travel. But we get around it one way or another.

I'll post some pix of the next project when done.

As far as the gas system, it has been the same problem each time. There is a plastic heat exchanger taking hot water from the heater to preheat the gas to change from liquid to gas. They have all cracked and leaked but, remove the plastic and fit a brass pipe to join the two hoses together and the Nav goes back to pure diesel. I have built a copy using brass tee pieces and a piece of heater hose which has fitted in place of the plastic crap and appears to be working, at least it is not leaking water. Will report progress and some pictures when all running well. :rant:

How'd you go with the gas ?

Could you get one of the other Gas companys to rig something more reliable up ?

Oh and since your good with your hands.

What did you do in your working days ?

How'd you go with the gas ?

Could you get one of the other Gas companys to rig something more reliable up ?

Oh and since your good with your hands.

What did you do in your working days ?

Gas appears OK now. Here are a couple of photos of the old and new.

As to my prior life, I did an apprenticeship as a fitter & turner at Garden Island, studied Marine Engineering, went to sea as an engineer but gave it up after short time and eventually went into accounting and adding machine servicing. Moved to IBM and realised mechanical things would eventually disappear from offices so studied electronics and started servicing electronic office equipment with a lot of companies. Moved on to mainframe and mini computers and eventually PC's when they arrived on the scene. Moved to the Gold Coast in 1989 where we bought Management Rights and worked them for 4 years before dropping into a job in a high school as a manual arts Teacher-aide for 15 hours a week. A nice cushy number until the boss (principal) woke up to my computer background. I then spent the next 12 years as IT manager of the administration network for the school.

Not a lot to show for it but it has been an interesting career.

Attachments

• DSC_2133 copy.jpg
    DSC_2133 copy.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 100
  • DSC_2139 copy.jpg
    DSC_2139 copy.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back